Battery Usage after update to 4.1.2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I really cant. I have cleanrom installed. But before I installed it I went through and force stop and diabled all the att specific apps such navigation and smart wifi. Basically anything that was att specific. The only things I currently have are visual voicemail and myatt. It really is super simple to do. Just go and look at the list for ALL apps in application manager and disable the ones that are att specific. It will give yiu some bs about causing problems

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Best thing to do is go and stick all the att apps in one folder. Figure out which apps you will never use. I.e. att navigation wtf is that for...thats what we have google navi for. Now just go and into application manager and disable only these apps.

Stupid apps are redundant on this thing. Att locker is the same as dropbox or anyother cloud service. My advice is get a high memory sd card, put everything on it and disable these battery draining apps.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Jdub 1981 and MatroxD
I found the culprit. It was indeed the upgrades they did to the att app when we upgraded to 4. I. 2 I disabled them and voila im back to my fabulous battery life again.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Good stuff man. Glad to hear it. Seems that most of the problems we are having on these forums can be attributed to faulty apps not faulty phones.

TosspotDj

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I got an upgrade whilst I was in Dubai. Its killing my battery!

Anyone give me tips. (I have a UK phone, via Vodafone - unlocked)

Feel free to talk to me like I am a dummy

mizz lia

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I got an upgrade whilst I was in Dubai. Its killing my battery!

Anyone give me tips. (I have a UK phone, via Vodafone - unlocked)

Feel free to talk to me like I am a dummy

Did u disable all the bloatware? Maybe do a factory setting. I know I had problems with my battery after the update but I realize it wasnt the update it was the apps I had not bloatware but apps I had installed. Also check to see what apps may be running in the background can help

Sent from my lovely note 2

Jeremy Lowe1

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes the battery does drain fast than previous 4.1.1. I usually have 30 - 40% by EOD now though its like 15 - 20%. I mean its not horrible you do get the multiview, but its definitely noticeable. I hope they release a fix for that issue.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes the battery does drain fast than previous 4.1.1. I usually have 30 - 40% by EOD now though its like 15 - 20%. I mean its not horrible you do get the multiview, but its definitely noticeable. I hope they release a fix for that issue.

A comprehensive change log would be so very helpful but no one seems to be able to get ATT or Samsung to do so, and each claim the other has it. Alot of GN2 owners are complaining about the change in Battery Performance due to the 4.1.2 upgrade.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
@James Falconer
James there are many GN2 owners who have experienced a battery performance degradation after the 4.1.2 update Jelly Bean was applied. While there have been workarounds from many generous ops here on AC, no one seems to be able to get AT&T or Samsung to provide a factual or comprehensive change log showing adds, deletes and enhancements or a reasonable statement from either regarding this issue.
I was hopeful maybe Phil, Chris or Andrew could shake the tree of knowledge and see if they can get one. I recently received email from a senior forum manager at XDA. Even they cant get one. Hope you can help, everyone is scratching their heads wondering why such a reasonable request isnt being granted and a forthright statement about whats causing the battery performance to drop substantially should be made by either Samsung or AT&T.
Thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non