Can't edit APN for ATT Note 2

vtwinfitness

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got an ATT compatible Galaxy Note II and use the straight talk service. I can't seem to edit or add the APN at all. When I go through more settings>mobile networks>access point names the ATT Phone shows up with the circle filled in so I click that and it takes me to edit access point but all the settings are grayed out and won't allow editing. Is there something I'm doing wrong? This is my first smart phone so I'm sure there's something I didn't do. Thanks in advance.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got an ATT compatible Galaxy Note II and use the straight talk service. I can't seem to edit or add the APN at all. When I go through more settings>mobile networks>access point names the ATT Phone shows up with the circle filled in so I click that and it takes me to edit access point but all the settings are grayed out and won't allow editing. Is there something I'm doing wrong? This is my first smart phone so I'm sure there's something I didn't do. Thanks in advance.
Does it have the feature to add more?
settings>mobile networks>access point names>press menu button>New APN?

mutantblack

May 25, 2010
Visit site
What he said above. You have to press the menu button to add new apn. I just tested on mine and I can add new apn just fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Adding an APN allows you to use your device on MVNOs. You're not stuck on ATT.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

EverA

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to add apn to my note 2 to use the sim from my iPad data as a mini tablet. Every time I add new apn and name broadband as I read on another post .. I press menu save but nothing. It only shows the default apn. Some help please.. I'm new to this.
Thanks a lot guys!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to add apn to my note 2 to use the sim from my iPad data as a mini tablet. Every time I add new apn and name broadband as I read on another post .. I press menu save but nothing. It only shows the default apn. Some help please.. I'm new to this.
Thanks a lot guys!!

You need to power down. Put in New sim then power up

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

EverA

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You need to power down. Put in New sim then power up

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Thank you for replying, I read I could be able to use my iPad data sim on my note 2 by changing apn or creating broadband apn., I removed my iPad sim and inserted into the note 2 , went to mobile networks , access point names,
It shows the AT&T phone default, so I pressed menu and new apn, input all info click save , power off and on, but when I go to mobile net, access point names to try to select the one created, but it does not show. Does the note needs to be rooted in order to create apn or it oes not matter.
Thanks

Cylette Nugent

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem but I am using a Verizon phone. When I select the menu button the only option I see is "reset to default"
How can I fix this? I need data access for my note 2

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem but I am using a Verizon phone. When I select the menu button the only option I see is "reset to default"
How can I fix this? I need data access for my note 2

I have no problem entering a new APN.
bary4ahe.jpg

As you can see. I have different ones for certain times, throttled, slow data etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Brian Yale

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Cant open ACcess point names.

I cant open Access point names, it is grayed out and Network mode and Network operators is also grayed out, how can i add an APN?