Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jdub1981
  • 1 Post By planoman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Buy now or wait...

    I am looking at upgrading on the first weekend in February and need input.

    I currently have a Galaxy S3 that has some minor damage(volume button doesn't work.) So, I do not have an upgrade on my plan, but have options to use another person's upgrade.

    So, for those of you with the Note 2 on ATT, should I buy now, or just wait to see the S4?
    S4 with Spen would be awesome, but it may not happen. Then I am waiting until next Fall for Note 3 or buying a phone 7 months after it came out.


    Thanks for the advice!



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  
    jdub1981's Avatar

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

    Default Re: Buy now or wait...

    The note 2 is awesome. Its the phone that made me switch from iphone 5.

    However, the s4 should be announced in march or sooner. I would wait. I doubt it will have an s pen. Thats exclusive to the note series I believe. Its only a month or so to wait. Plus the note 3 will probably come out in October. If you can afford these kinds of phones do you really want a phone that will soon be replaced by a better version of the same phone?

    Sent via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    destefmx6 likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Buy now or wait...

    At this point I would wait to see what happens at MWC in Feb. The Note 2 is sweet I must admit so if you know you want that go for it. Since you kept you S3 even after the Note 2 came out I would recommend waiting to see if the S4 is somthing you want to save your upgrade for. If not pull the trigger on the Note 2. I could not wait until the Note 3...The Note 2 is just a great phone/device!
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Thanked by:
    destefmx6 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Buy now or wait...

    Some of the rumors pegged an S Pen as part of the GS4. Not sure it will happen, but that is probably my biggest question.

    Not sure I can wait for Note 3 either. May Just go ahead and pull the trigger now. Have my upgrade next January and can always sell the Note 2 then if the 3 is enticing enough. Should be close to covering the upgrade fee at the time...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  
    jdub1981's Avatar

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

    Default Re: Buy now or wait...

    Heres a thought. Craigslist or ebay your gs3 for as much as you can get and pay the difference to buy the note 2 outright. Thats what I did albeit I sold an iphone5 when they were fairly new so I got almost the purchase price of a note 2

    This way you can upgrade whenever you want but at a way cheaper price.

    Sent via Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    destefmx6's Avatar

    Posts
    126 Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

    Default Re: Buy now or wait...

    If the phone is usable without driving you crazy, wait the three weeks. It will go by quickly. I also think the S4 won't have an Spen, but quad-core 1080p and some new features. Might be worth the wait. Otherwise, The Black Note 2 might be available right after too. win,win.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Buy now or wait...

    Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Heres a thought. Craigslist or ebay your gs3 for as much as you can get and pay the difference to buy the note 2 outright. Thats what I did albeit I sold an iphone5 when they were fairly new so I got almost the purchase price of a note 2

    This way you can upgrade whenever you want but at a way cheaper price.

    Sent via Tapatalk
    I would normally agree, but as I said, it does have some damage (volume button).

    I think that is why I will pull the trigger. I can resell the Note 2 when I need to upgrade again.

    I think I would rather have Note 2 with Spen than a GS4 without....

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Buy now or wait...

    As a Note 2 owner I can say that I absolutely love this device.

    Once you get used to the 5.5" screen there really is no going back.

    I'll admit that I don't find myself using the S Pen often, though when I do I'm glad that I have it.

    While the S4 is for sure going to be an amazing device I have reservations about its battery life given the 1080p resolution that it will be pushing.

    Battery life on the Note 2 is great, can easily get two days of use on mine with pretty heavy use.

    Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Should I buy now, or wait?
    By Haas in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 11:17 AM
  2. Buy now or wait?
    By fuqele in forum AT&T Inspire 4G
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 11:10 AM
  3. Upgrade Advise--Buy Now or Wait?
    By person5323 in forum Verizon
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 06:51 PM
  4. Droid Incredible HELP!! Buy now or wait????
    By JoeC44 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 01:19 PM
  5. sprint user: buy now or wait
    By acidbuzz3 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 07:37 AM

Posting Permissions