Put AT&T iPhone 4S sim into Note, no internet connection

dsdxp

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a micro sim adapter, so I put my sim from iPhone 4S into my new Note... everything works fine for making calls, but I can't get online via AT&T--it says I have no network connection. Do I need to call AT&T to alert them of my new phone, or is there another way around this (in case I switch back to iPhone, or want to switch back and forth, etc.)?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think it is because the iPhone is using the older HSPA+ 3G Psuedo 4g network. LTE probably needs a new SIM. I know I had to change mine out twice to get the right one for everything to work smothly. I went to a local ATT store to get the final sim that they confirmed was for the phone

dsdxp

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
So, does that mean it's not possible to use the same SIM and go back and forth between the iPhone 4s and Note (or other similar android phones)? I want to avoid going into the AT&T store to get a new SIM card every time I switch between phones.

I should note, I don't actually care about LTE, I'd be fine with just getting the HSPA+ internet... but as of right now, with my iPhone 4S's SIM in my Note, I don't get ANY internet connection, can only make phone calls.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It is possible to use the same sim card in both a 4s and a note. I have coworkers doing that all the time. With the adapter though sometimes it is not connecting the similar card correctly though. But it wouldn't hurt to get an updated micro sim card either.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dsdxp

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have the network symbol in the status bar you may need to set up an APN. You can try the APN I posted from my Note or try the video.
[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69lHUIkEOIE[/YT]

Reactions: dsdxp

rebamb

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I would guess your iphone data plan is not compatible with the Note and data plan will need to be updated before data will work on the Note

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
When i got my Note they (the ATT store) gave me a new SIM card saying my old HTC Aria's 3g SIM was not capable of 4g.

dsdxp

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
my microsim card is only a couple months old (before I got the adapter, i would go into the at&t store and constantly get new microSIM and standard SIM cards)

sbddude

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Need to be on LTE plan and get LTE sim. Once you get that, cut to micro sim and swap as you please.

The micro sim fits in the note without an adapter if you line it up right. I put a small piece of tape so I can remove it easily.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
A cut down Galaxy Note sim card will provide voice and data in a iPhone, but an iPhone sim card will only give voice.

PewterL31

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
As stated before you need a new lte compatible sim and lte data plan on your account. I belive its 25 for the 9th and 10th numbers on the sum card is how you can tell it's lte.

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87