Still no ICS for me..

Szifresh

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have tried on multiple computers, downloaded latest version of Kies, used different usb cables and still no luck.
Kies will recognize my phone when I uncheck usb debugging and it will say MTP mode in notification bar but it tells me I have the latest software. When I check USB debugging it says error in connection.
Any thoughts or should I not even bother updating?

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
If nothing else, you can download the official release and flash it through Odin.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

wewel123

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I had that happen and I was at GB 2.3.4. In the menus on the phone there is a check for software updates. I did that and it upgrades to 2.3.6. I was then able to use Kies for ICS. Seems it only will update from 2.3.6??

Sasquatch76

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
You can force it to update in Kies. It's under tools. You enter your S/N and model number and it will load ICS. I did it last night after trying the regular way for four hours.

NEDNERBISH

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I have tried on multiple computers, downloaded latest version of Kies, used different usb cables and still no luck.
Kies will recognize my phone when I uncheck usb debugging and it will say MTP mode in notification bar but it tells me I have the latest software. When I check USB debugging it says error in connection.
Any thoughts or should I not even bother updating?

CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY!!! I wish I could undo it.

sent from my bung using tapatalk.

NEDNERBISH

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I would love to back up, root and flash. I understand the concept but that is it. It seems scary to me.

sent from a small, tiny voice using tapatalk.