Different carrier when rooted?

NEDNERBISH

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi I am looking to switch carriers as att is charging us 200+ for 2phones a month. I found a different carrier who is 100$ less per month and am thinking about switching. Are you able to switch carriers when rooted? The are sending our sim cards in the mail. She said I have to get the unlock code from att put the sim cards in and call the to initiate service. So they will not even see my phone. I don't see why it wouldn't work as the rooting is only for the att warranty. There's no contract it is month to month. I've had it with att raping us. They also are offering insurance on monthly plans and I am thinking of getting that also. If need be unrooting. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't be a problem. Unlocking the phone is the only real issue -- and if you have the code from AT&T, you should be good to go.

As for insurance, how much is the premium over a period of time when considering the return on a claim? I used to have AT&T's coverage, but over a two-year contract, I would be paying $168 in premiums for the opportunity to purchase a refurbished handset for $199 if my smartphone died. Since I have killed only one phone in 12 years, I decided I was low enough of a risk to cancel. I have old phones as replacements and would buy a new Galaxy Nexus if needed.

If you're accident-prone or lose phones, insurance could be for you. AT&T will cover (IIRC) two or three incidents in a calendar year. Just do the math and decide if the carrier you will be using is worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty