New launcher

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've spent the entire night downloading new launchers for my GS3 and Tab 2 such as Nova, ADW, Go and maybe a couple others but just keep coming back to Touchwiz... Don't know if it's just a newbie, comfort issue with me or what....

Should I use a third party launcher and what are the main pros and cons and if so what launcher would be recomended for an android newbie coming from iPhones ?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
More customization... Check this out

Don't be afraid to try new things and play with the launcher... I'm using Nova Launcher, one u get used to it u won't turn back... Start by messing with the settings

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359710653820.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359710653820.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 43

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Nova Prime and do because of the ability to change just about everything. Touchwiz is limited. Can't change icon themes, can't change the dock, can't remove the Google search bar from the home screen etc etc.

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I've spent the entire night downloading new launchers for my GS3 and Tab 2 such as Nova, ADW, Go and maybe a couple others but just keep coming back to Touchwiz... Don't know if it's just a newbie, comfort issue with me or what....

Should I use a third party launcher and what are the main pros and cons and if so what launcher would be recomended for an android newbie coming from iPhones ?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Im a Nova Prime man, tried several and I always come back.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
You guys talked me into spending $4 for Nova Prime.... I figure that I've spent more for less, if I don't like it..... oh well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so after a short time of moderate use with Nova I have noticed a significant battery drain. Is this normal with Nova or could it just be a first time thing, anyone else have this problem? If this is normal I will revert back to Touchwiz where I can get 36 hours or so.

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Forgot to post the screen shot

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359767375288.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359767375288.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 20

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I only experienced battery drain due to setting all of my screens up and experimenting with adding widgets etc. I have noted no abnormal battery drain when not doing that

You might do some research into widgets like Beautiful Widgets, Fancy Widgets, Zooper Widgets, different icon themes etc. Lots of options you couldn't do with Touchwiz

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I am writing it up to setting everything up the way I want it so I guess my next charge will be it's true test.

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I am writing it up to setting everything up the way I want it so I guess my next charge will be it's true test.

Yes, you will see some drain through setup. Reboot once you get it all done and you charge back to 100%. Times will return to what you had, at least they did for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums