AT&T Galaxy SIII 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

Alex Avalos1

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 4.3 Update Likes/Issues

The same issue keeps happening to me with the download notifications. I deleted all my items too and they keep populating. have you figured out a solution? this is getting to be annoying

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you experience your phone freezing with screen off and no way to turn it back on but to do a battery pull?

It has been happening to my phone 1 month after the update. Not sure if its the update or something else.

Its been bugging me a while lot when it happens, about 3x already

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Have you booted to recovery mode & wiped your app data cache?

hiedibiedi

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

I just cleared the list of finished downloads in the Downloads application, for both Internet & Other. Stopped the downloading of non-existent pictures right away.
Only really wanted to update to 4.3. for Dashclock! But may take the risk to flash to 4.4 CM 11 Beta 6 just for KitKat!

Omg, thank you for replying with a fix. Probably the most annoying thing about the new update

tshiker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

Holy shyt! Did you read any of the posts in this thread?This must be covered two dozen times!

John H2

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I am also having the same problem. Anyone fix it yet? Also, how do I keep the camera flash from flashing during incoming calls??

John H2

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
It is in accessibility settings. I found that the box was not checked on my phone. I checked it and the flashing continued. Once I unchecked it again, it was fine. Must be a default setting that has to be turned off again.

carlt828

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Last couple of days my battery has gone down very rapidly and the battery gets pretty hot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Last couple of days my battery has gone down very rapidly and the battery gets pretty hot.

I haven't had any issues with heat, that I've noticed at least, but my battery life has been crappy since the 4.3 OTA got loaded.. I've gone through all the apps and turned off anything that seemed unnecessary.. It hasn't seemed to help much. I'm thinking a Factory Reset might be in order.. But what a pain in the *** it will be to setup everything again the way I like it.

I could just kick myself for accepting this upgrade. Between the battery life and the disabling of all of my free tethering apps, it has been not even close to worth the hassle..

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4

individle

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

BAM!!! Thank you so very much. I just got my upgrade 3 days ago, and my phone has been screwed up since then. Especially hated the power it was drawing with the repeated downloads. I was just about to perform the dreaded factory reset. I can't thank you enough. :cool:

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
This update has pretty much screwed my phone. Gets hot randomly and will then drain battery. Using WiFi drains battery a lot more than it used to. If I just text people the battery drains quickly. Not happy about it, they need a patch. Also phone lags at times. If I boot into recovery and clear cache will that wipe anything? And will it help?

Posted via Android Central App

carlt828

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I booted into recovery and cleared the cache a week ago. It really didn't help that much at all. :(

I'm also waiting for some sort of patch.

Jupiter1220

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

I did not receive a push of the update, but I went to settings,my device, about device, software update, check for updates and began the update. If you haven't tried that, try it.

Jupiter1220

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

The only problems I'm still having are that my phone is only vibrating when I receive a call and the alarm is not sounding in the morning. I have ringtones set to default except for a few close friends, but the phone does not ring. Anyone else having these problems? Thanks

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

The only problems I'm still having are that my phone is only vibrating when I receive a call and the alarm is not sounding in the morning. I have ringtones set to default except for a few close friends, but the phone does not ring. Anyone else having these problems? Thanks

My alarm is working fine but a lot of my notification sounds are not.. Weird.. Thinking I might end up having to do a Factory Reset.. Not fun though so putting it off..

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4

rryk

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

Can't change shortcuts on the lock screen (5 icons in the bottom that can be dragged away to start an app) after update to 4.3. Apparently current shortcut settings were carried over from 4.1, but there is no more option in the Lock Screen settings to change them. I use Swipe as Screen Lock. I've tried changing to No Security and back, to PIN and back - no luck... please let me know if you'll find some workaround.

P.S. My phone was bought unlocked in Germany. Perhaps this issue is only relevant for my specific version.

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Repeating download issue solution is posted several times in this thread. Scroll back to see it--really simple.

I think it should also be noted that with the JB 4.3 update, you should turn off Contact Syncing, delete the Contact Storage, reboot the phone, and re-start Contact Syncing. The 4.3 firmware seems to have a bit different way to deal/work with contacts, so the above steps would allow it to 'start fresh'. I don't know this for a fact, but the fact that "Me" is now "My Info" means (from a programming standpoint, which I understand) that there are a few different things, so since all my contacts are on my GMail account anyway, I did this and it seemed to solve several issues. Just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez