Hiding Apps/Bloatware

Antonio Gil

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I am a new Android user and just wanted to ask a simple and maybe stupid question.I have been reading a bunch of different threads and topiics on launchers. I was just wondering if there is a simple app for hiding apps or bloatware.I like the way my One looks so I am trying to avoid changing anything. I will dive a little deeper into changing stuff around later once I get the hang of all of this.I would love any help you guys can give me and if this thread is in any way breaking any of the forum rules I am sorry and just delete it.Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello

You can with some 3rd party launchers hide bloatware/certain apps from appearing in your app list. Homescreen is easy just remove/delete what you don't want to appear there. You can also from within your Application management disable certain apps from running. If the app can be disable it will give you the option. Outside from those options anything else requires you to root your device to actually delete/remove bloatware or disable bloatware/system apps that DON'T give you the option to do so.

Hope this helps and enjoy your One !

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I am a new Android user and just wanted to ask a simple and maybe stupid question.I have been reading a bunch of different threads and topiics on launchers. I was just wondering if there is a simple app for hiding apps or bloatware.I like the way my One looks so I am trying to avoid changing anything. I will dive a little deeper into changing stuff around later once I get the hang of all of this.I would love any help you guys can give me and if this thread is in any way breaking any of the forum rules I am sorry and just delete it.Thanks

Welcome to android! You can also try Settings-Application Manager-swipe over to all apps and select your bloatware app. When it comes up you will have 2 boxes, force close and disable/uninstall updates. Updates need to be removed before disables can be done. Once disabled, they are still taking up you internal space, but no longer eating up RAM, and will be hidden from your app drawer.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Antonio Gil

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome and the helpfull insight.I tried a couple of launchers but they all seemed to change the lock screen/home screen and I dont really want to do that.I was wondering if you guys recommend any launchers to hide the apps and keep everything pretty much the same. My immediate future is going to be taken up by quite a bit of reading and research lol.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome and the helpfull insight.I tried a couple of launchers but they all seemed to change the lock screen/home screen and I dont really want to do that.I was wondering if you guys recommend any launchers to hide the apps and keep everything pretty much the same. My immediate future is going to be taken up by quite a bit of reading and research lol.

Almost any launcher will change the look. There is no way around that.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Go into your app drawer in stock Sense, scroll all the way to the top untill you see the three dots (menu) on the right side next to the Google Play Store icon. Tap on the three dots and select "Hide Apps". Select (tick the checkboxes) the apps you would like to hide and tap save.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87