I just had the most bizarre experience with my S2 and T-Mobile.

rwood54741

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
In April, I purchased a T-Mobile S2 from an eBay seller. The phone was sold as brand new and never activated. When I received it the package was still factory sealed in every way.
I activated the phone on the pay as you go plan no problem and have been using it since April no problem.
Yesterday all of a sudden the phone stopped connecting.
I took it to my local T-Mobile store and first I was told the Sim had crapped out and the clerk put in a new one. The phone still would not connect. Then he went on his computer and told me the phone had a previous activation and because of that it had been made inoperable by the system.

Since eBay and Paypal will not address any problem after 45 days from the date of the transaction, I have no recourse with them.

But what puzzles me is that if what I was told by the T-Mobile clerk is true, why in the name of sense would T-Mobile have allowed me to use the phone for three months before telling me I can't use it anymore?

Is there any way to go to a higher level of T-Mobile to verify what that clerk told me is true?

Is there any way to make this S2 work on another system?

Or have I just p***ed five hundred dollars down a rathole.

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: I just had the most bizarre experience with my S2 and T-Mobil

Sounds like your IMEI got blacklisted. This only happens when the phone is reported stolen or lost by another party. Sadly, there is no way I can think of that will get it working on T-Mobile.

rwood54741

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

That must be it. But it sure is surprising that it took three months for either the stolee or the lostee to report it OR that it took three months for T-Mobile to get around to blacklisting it.
Because of this MY ADVICE TO ANYONE WHO IS BUYING WHAT IS PRESENTED AS A NEW UNACTIVATED SMARTPHONE FROM ANY EBAY SELLER IS TO NOT BUY ONE.
Because by the time you find out you have nothing for your money (and potentially a sizable amount of money) it could well be too late.

rwood54741

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

AND what is even more surprising is that, if that is the case, no one from T-Mobile is doing anything to get this phone back into the hands of the person who it belongs to even though they now know who is now in possession of it.
So if you report a lost or stolen phone to T-Mobile don't expect that to have any benefit to you.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

This needs to be pushed up the chain of command. It sounds like a bureaucratic nightmare but if there's any hope its by working within the Tmobile rules to make them work for you instead of against you. Figure out who has the authority to get it unblacklisted and work with that person until you get the results you want.

chris7021

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

This needs to be pushed up the chain of command. It sounds like a bureaucratic nightmare but if there's any hope its by working within the Tmobile rules to make them work for you instead of against you. Figure out who has the authority to get it unblacklisted and work with that person until you get the results you want.

DID YOU TRIED TO USE A SIMPLE MOBILE simcard?.
SIMPLE MOBILE uses T-MOBILE signal and it will work. Thats what i been using for the last 9 months and no problem at all.