Boot Loop Issue

Jeremy Keasler

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
A friend at work gave me her T-Mobile variant of the Galaxy SIII. It is stuck in a boot loop, which I have dealt with before on my phones, but she apparently has never installed a custom ROM, she has used various launchers, but no internal customization so I'm not sure why it might be looping. The second wrinkle is that after I pull the battery, to stop the boot loop, and put it back in, the phone immediately starts booting up again. Any ideas what to look for before I go tearing into this thing? I don't have any logs yet, no strange behavior beforehand, it apparently shut itself off when the battery died and when she tried starting back up, it was looping. Any ideas would be appreciated.

AlistairS3

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I am havign this exact same problem, it only started last night and the phone has been unusable since, very occasionally it will turn on for around a minute or so, but the rest of the time just continually loops, not getting past the "Samsung Galaxy S3" screen. have tried removing the memory card and sim and battery is definately charged and the problem keeps occuring. does any one have any suggestions at all?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am having this exact same problem
Does your phone automatically begin to boot when you insert the battery? If so, have you checked to see if the Power switch (not the plastic piece, but the underlying switch) is stuck?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

AlistairS3

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
yes it does. almost immediately. I have considdered this, but do not know how to go about checking this, do you have any advice on how to check?
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty