4.4.2 root method for T-Mobile LG G2 d801????

Amir Maki

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello, Ive been waiting for ioroot to get updated but it is taking too long. Is there a different method?

Last edited by a moderator:

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: 4.4.2 root method for tmobile lg g2 d801????

You could flash back to earlier firmware using LG flash tool, root with ioroot, get custom recovery through Freegee, and flash a 4.4.2 ROM.

Sent from my LG-G2 running Carbon 4.4.2

Amir Maki

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I tried that but It didn't let me proceed to the next step it says you already are on the latest update.

Mitchell Hayden

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

I have had to use that guide twice now and initially had the same issue. The method I had to use was #2 where i manually edited the host file. You have to "trick" the program into thinking you are looking online at LG servers for the update. If the host file isn't correct it will actually connect to LG and tell you are up to date.....at least that's my understanding. Took me a while but I eventually got it to work.

SysopChris

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Since I don't see any more comments here am I to believe you cannot, at this time, root a LG-D801 that is running Android Ver. 4.4.2, Kernel Ver. 3.4.0 without reverting to a previous Android Version?

Thanks in advance,
SysopChris

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's my understanding Chris. I used the flashtool twice now to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 and once you figure it out it works like a charm.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

Brian Tapia

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I have done this and keep getting a blank white screen after phones screen powers down. Also went into a boot loop after I tried to flash a Rom. Is it do to bootloader still being locked?

Posted via the Android Central App