Sick of Reboots

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Nexus S since December and I love it. Even though it wasn't a big upgrade from my Nexus one 'm still loving the phone. Lately however I'm experiencing lots of reboots while I'm on the phone and frankly I'm tired of it. I thought we got an OTA two or three weeks ago to deal with random reboots, but I'm experiencing this more than ever. What should I do? I just called Sammy customer service but they are closed. Does anyone have a solution. I'm runing stock 2.3.2, I don't root but if it's necessary than I might try rooting.
Thanks Joe

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
First off.. Welcome to Android Central Forum. If you're not rooted and is having constant reboot - then you might want to get the device replace.

PS. Sometimes a corrupted app could be the culprit as well. Have you tried resetting the device, this might fix the problem.

Note: Resetting the device will revert the phone to its original factory state, thus erasing all data off the device.

Best of luck.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what people are talking about, I had a nice 30 or so minute conversation with a friend, no reboot during or after the call. So I guess I have lucked out. Anyways, the fix might come in 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 or hell, we may just see it in the rumored Android 2.4.

Sent from my Nexus S

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Smokexz like you I never had a problem at all with reboots till a month ago. Now it happens at least 3 times a day. I'm going to call sammy to see what they can do for me.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Never saw a reboot (not saying it didn't reboot in my pocket when not using it) until Market updated itself to the new version a week or so ago. Now I can cause it to reboot at will, by downloading an app, then opening it from the market.

I'm running AOSP sync'd from 1/30/11, with Google Apps from the shipping ROM

dadds27

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
happened 2 times to me and it was while i was working (construction field). i use my phone a lot but for 5 min or less calls. never had a issue when just hanging out so i dont know whats up with that