Pixel 6 Pro random crashes and reboots

Mark Hiler

Nov 15, 2021
Visit site
Also, I'm still waiting for my Pixel 6 Pro to reboot so I can wipe it and send it back. It's been well over half an hour, but it is most likely more than that because I had it my pocket before I discovered that it had shut down. I wish this phone worked, but it just doesn't.

Colbymac49

Nov 18, 2021
Visit site
My Pixel 6 crashes while on YouTube and Facebook videos. Frustrating. Did a hard reset and it's still doing it. Anyone found any other solutions?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
My Pixel 6 crashes while on YouTube and Facebook videos. Frustrating. Did a hard reset and it's still doing it. Anyone found any other solutions?
When you did the hard reset, did you check those two apps first before you downloaded any of your other stuff?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you received the mid-November system update? Maybe there's a bugfix for that. (It's currently only available in the US and Japan -- other regions will have to wait until December.)

IkBenBen

Nov 19, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Google 6 Pro that randomly crashes with doing different tasks. I have not even installed any apps even. Tried to restore a backup, everything crashed. Tried factory reset, still crashes. It even crashed while I was typing this response lol. If anyone has any solution please let me know :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Google 6 Pro that randomly crashes with doing different tasks. I have not even installed any apps even. Tried to restore a backup, everything crashed. Tried factory reset, still crashes. It even crashed while I was typing this response lol. If anyone has any solution please let me know :)
Does it crash without restoring the back up?

IkBenBen

Nov 19, 2021
Visit site
Yes, at first I did a backup restore and than it crashed. Then I did twice a factory reset and did not try to restore a backup but it still crashing. It actually was crashing right out the box..

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't quite get why Android 12 seems to be running pretty good on the older pixels but having these issues on the 6 line. You'd think they would have really focused on optimizing 12 for the 6's. The sixes look almost identical in os look to the older devices?

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just experienced my first random reboot....I'm really starting to get irritated with this phone, mainly because of the fingerprint sensor but a random reboot is not ok. This is the first time I get a random reboot with a phone in years.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My wife just had a random reboot on her Pixel 5 on Android 12, so it's not necessarily a Pixel 6 thing. I noticed a random reboot a little while back when I was on my 3a XL on Android 12. So it sounds like it could be more of an Android 12 thing.

cribble2k

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the 6 pro for a week now, and never had any app crashes and/or random reboots.

Phone has been solid!

Alexander Sharov

Nov 24, 2021
Visit site
Got this issue after few weeks of usage. Phone just started to reboot randomly showing some artefacts on the screen, like white noise scramble on a tv. Did all the steps found on the internet, like app update and safe mode and all. Long story short... It was WIFI for me. As simple as that. I've pulled all the facts together and came to a conclusion that it only occured while I'm in a hotel room with a ****ty wifi, all my colleagues were mad at the quality of the internet too. So wild guess crossed my mind, since it had geographic correlation, and bam! It works fine while on lte. I know sounds to simple, but worked for me.

PixelKing

Nov 19, 2021
Visit site
I transferred my data over from my 4XL after receiving my 6P in October immediately after launch. Had 1-2 reboots and phone not deep sleeping.

Did a factory reset just for deep sleep purposes. Haven't had a single issue since then. Everyone should just start from scratch if possible. Don't transfer over your data from another phone if possible.

It's not the phone. It's the gremlins in your previous phone causing issues on the 6 and 6P.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I transferred my data over from my 4XL after receiving my 6P in October immediately after launch. Had 1-2 reboots and phone not deep sleeping.

Did a factory reset just for deep sleep purposes. Haven't had a single issue since then. Everyone should just start from scratch if possible. Don't transfer over your data from another phone if possible.

It's not the phone. It's the gremlins in your previous phone causing issues on the 6 and 6P.

Yep I learned that myself, I never transfer data over anymore. I know there are folks that have no trouble transferring data over, but I'm not one of them lol.

dave2k17

Nov 9, 2021
Visit site
Update* Sent the phone to a repairer 2 times got rejected *No Fault Found*
Sent it 3rd time with the reset logs and they identified the issue, I was able to get a new replacement.

Definitely seems to be software issue or a small components that is causing it.

New device seems to be okay..... *For now