1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default Screen brightness increasing by itself??

So I'm just curious if anyone notices their phones screen brightness increasing with your phone set on the lowest setting and auto adjust off.

Ill switch back to the screen that has my power widget and the brightness will no longer be set to zero. Super annoyed at this point.

Yes!!! Mine does this as well. I always have it set low to save battery (and my eyesight) and it always increases on it's own. I'd love to get this problem solved.

Swiping the notification bar to the left or right will decrease or increase your screen brightness if auto-adjust is turned off. You're probably just doing this on accident.
    Thanked by:

Wow I never realized this! I'm sure this is the culprit. Thanks!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Wow , that's definitely it for me also. I had noticed that it happened a lot of times when I was looking at the notifications, but being that I'm a noob to android I run into stuff like this.

Like the saying goes - one person's feature is another person's bug

So true, I noticed this last night and I was doing just what you said. Ha, who would've thought...

Default Re: Screen brightness increasing by itself??

So many things to learn! You can turn this setting off under Settings/System/Status Bar/Brightness Control. Uncheck it.

Thanks for the tip!