Picture gallery freezing phone???

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
A lot of times when I goto my pictures it locks up my phone like it tries to load but never does and I usually need to do a battery pull... Has this happened with anyone else???

scottycurve

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes happening here also

This was happening to me almost every time I would go into my gallery. I had about 600 pictures in there. I moved all the pics to my computer and I only have about 50 now and it has not done it since. I talked to someone else who was having the same problem also.

Countbunny

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it is happening to me also ever since the OTA. I am on the backordered list with Tmob for another Vibrant. The OTA did nothing to improve my GPS either.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea I noticed the same with my OTA update... alot of bugs here and there but this freezing mess is annoying... thanks for the feedback!!!

dsutton1026

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issues but there is a fix!

After my OTA update I was experiencing the gallery freeze among many other bugs. To fix this issue I had to do a master reset. This really seemed to cure a lot of those laggy bugs experienced after the OTA update.
To do this you go to Settings-Privacy-Factory Data Reset. This will erase your Google account, system data and settings, and your apps. It will NOT erase your current system software (so no need to worry about losing the OTA update), your bundled software, and your pictures or music. Please backup your contacts to your SIM card and save any other data. Your applications can be found again under downloads in the Android Market and can all be re-downloaded.

The reset only takes a minute and its up to you to customize your phone the way you had it but it did fix my gallery issue along with many others.. including a GPS issue that kept telling me I was in Orlando when I live in Illinois.

I hope this helps!

Countbunny

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I did the master reset and it did not help my Vibrant at all. I am told to expect my new Vibrant Nov.2 so I am hoping it really works.

Daedalus

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I was having a problem with the Vibrant as well. the GPS is still not working after the OTA. Also Media scanner was running forever, after several hours with Tech Support they think that the phone is having a issue with the Memory... I am a few days from replacement coming in.

ir1844

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Locking and freezing

Not it only it freezes when i use pandora or any program it locks alot I went to t-mobile store and complaine about it and they told me I had to download a app which is call advanced task killer which i did it helps but that shouldnt be the only reason that it locks or freezes this phone needs froyyo and above they say that its coming this month lets see .:mad:

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
i dont have the advanced task killer on my phone and it runs fine except for my photo gallery sometimes. Personally I dont think you need a task killer on your phone, the OS manages it pretty good!

Daedalus

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Not it only it freezes when i use pandora or any program it locks alot I went to t-mobile store and complaine about it and they told me I had to download a app which is call advanced task killer which i did it helps but that shouldnt be the only reason that it locks or freezes this phone needs froyyo and above they say that its coming this month lets see .:mad:

I hate to point this out to you but the person that gave you that information about needing the Task Killer could not find his A$$ with both hands and Google Navigation! Do a Factory reset reinstall the apps and try again if it does the same thing Call TMO and and have then send you are Warranty replacement. This is some of the symptoms that I have had issues with and needed the replacement. Since the replacement the Vibrant has not been out of my hand, I am loving the vibrant FINALLY!

mhorn

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm also having issues with the gallery app and it's the only one that misbehaves, so I kill it with watchdog. I'm hoping that the froyo release resolves a lot of these issues.

Daedalus

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm also having issues with the gallery app and it's the only one that misbehaves, so I kill it with watchdog. I'm hoping that the froyo release resolves a lot of these issues.

when you reboot your phone does the media scanner take a log time to complete scanning?

beandon

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This issue is also happening to myself, and i have maybe 20 to 30 pictures in the gallery. Not a worthy number for freezing if you ask me.

Hoping 2.2 will resolve this issue.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been having gallery issues ever since I installed FroYo in Dec (i'm on Bell). I have done the factory reset and for a while it was blazing fast, now it takes forever to load the pic previews (randomly, not all the time). I have also noticed that sometimes when I take pics, they don't appear in the Gallery, but I can still get them through the camera. Odd.

beandon

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Im running 2.1 and im having a lot of issues with this, if i leave it alone the album loads and is able to be used in about a minute. But my phone completely freezes and basically bricks up.

I was hoping that a fix was in store with the 2.2 update, but with how many people are talking about the issue with the 2.2 update, me thinks not.

If anyone finds a fix for this, please post