T mobile is going the wrong way

jarochos

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have been loyal t mobile user for about 9 years I have seen the company going from great to att worse, so I call t Mobile and told them about the problems that I was having with my HTC amaze in the past if the phone is on warranty they just send me a replacement but this time it was different, first the make me change my sim 4 times after that tech support told me that t mobile didn't have the amaze on stock but they will be sending me a HTC sensation because they say is the same phone, after I explain how different this phones are they just told me sir that's all that we can do for you , we will put you on a waiting list and we hope to have another amaze, and then just end the call, later a t mobile public relations department told me that they have the right to replace my phone with any phone the feel is equal to the amaze, after going thrue my contract I didn't find anywhere something that says that, can anyone help me on what to do next I'm sending a letter to the BBB and going to ask them to review my contract because I feel they are not honoring what is in writing there, any help or tip will be welcome thanks.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Android Central Forums

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like normal dealings there. They tried every thing they could then they offered a phone similar in specs and price to replace yours. Pretty much every carrier does this. Helll vzw twice tried switching my nexus for a razzr maxx and that's a better deal but I love my nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ry

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know with ATT and Sprint the insurance and what not doesn't even go through them. So its hit or miss really.

quotientstech

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi I have been loyal t mobile user for about 9 years I have seen the company going from great to att worse, so I call t Mobile and told them about the problems that I was having with my HTC amaze in the past if the phone is on warranty they just send me a replacement but this time it was different, first the make me change my sim 4 times after that tech support told me that t mobile didn't have the amaze on stock but they will be sending me a HTC sensation because they say is the same phone, after I explain how different this phones are they just told me sir that's all that we can do for you , we will put you on a waiting list and we hope to have another amaze, and then just end the call, later a t mobile public relations department told me that they have the right to replace my phone with any phone the feel is equal to the amaze, after going thrue my contract I didn't find anywhere something that says that, can anyone help me on what to do next I'm sending a letter to the BBB and going to ask them to review my contract because I feel they are not honoring what is in writing there, any help or tip will be welcome thanks.

The warranty from HTC allows for the phone to be replaced with a comparable device. If you have handset issues, go to a store. We can do nearly everything that Customer Care can do. However, when you start threatening with the BBB, etc, most reps will shut down in order to protect themselves and their jobs.

Remember to be patient and calm. I am aware of how easy it is to get frustrated with these situations. Most of the front-line employees are carrying premium android handsets too. Chances are we, or someone that we know has experienced some kind of hiccup with our devices. That's why coming to us instead of calling in is always your best choice. We will do all we can to assist you with resolving your issue and if we cannot, many stores can order the handset without need of calling Tech Support or we can call and help you facilitate the exchange.

I hope that you are able to satisfactorily resolve your situation. Good luck.

jarochos

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well after 3 days on the phone they agree to send me another amaze after I told them that I was going to take the sensation if they send me a case and an extra battery customer loyalty just say I. Sorry that you have been going to all this to get get your phone fix sir, let me make it right I'm sending you another amaze and I hope that you give us an opportunity to make it right, idk if it was the email that I send to review my contract or that my attorney call them either way I'm more relax and happy but I won't be getting their small business plan like a was suppose to do this Monday I guess I will give veryzon a chance and just finish my contract with t mobile.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Jumping from the frying pan (T-Mobile) to the fire (Verizon)? I just left Verizon. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced with any company. They are huge and don't give a damn about their customers. And their arrogance shows through time and again. Can't tell you how many times I heard them tell me that they were Verizon, the biggest and best company as if to convey to me I possibly couldn't be having any problems with their reception.

I dropped a phone one time and broke it. I knew I was under contract and not due for a discounted phone. Went into the store and told them what happened and offered to buy one at retail and they wouldn't sell me one. Said they couldn't do that. Called customer service and worked my way up the line and at each stop I was told they couldn't sell me a phone at full retail price. Finally, got to a VP's office and after a little legal pressure they relented.

I never heard of a company that wouldn't sell you a phone at full retail. I know AT&T will sell them all day long at that price. Verizon's excuse was I should have bought their insurance and since I didn't it was just tough stuff.

So, if you think you've had a hard time with T-Mobile, just wait until you have a problem with Verizon.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Jumping from the frying pan (T-Mobile) to the fire (Verizon)? I just left Verizon. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced with any company. They are huge and don't give a damn about their customers. And their arrogance shows through time and again. Can't tell you how many times I heard them tell me that they were Verizon, the biggest and best company as if to convey to me I possibly couldn't be having any problems with their reception.

I dropped a phone one time and broke it. I knew I was under contract and not due for a discounted phone. Went into the store and told them what happened and offered to buy one at retail and they wouldn't sell me one. Said they couldn't do that. Called customer service and worked my way up the line and at each stop I was told they couldn't sell me a phone at full retail price. Finally, got to a VP's office and after a little legal pressure they relented.

I never heard of a company that wouldn't sell you a phone at full retail. I know AT&T will sell them all day long at that price. Verizon's excuse was I should have bought their insurance and since I didn't it was just tough stuff.

So, if you think you've had a hard time with T-Mobile, just wait until you have a problem with Verizon.

Wow, and I thought my two week stint with Verizon and their terrible customer service was bad.

tbonn41fn

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is really bad, then did other carriers. As a customer, you're just a number to these guys. As a customer, we can't hva the world given to you. We're not new to this game, after your first new phone, replacements are refurbished ones. Got to be realistic about this, does not matter which carrier you go to or with. Got to be patient with them, there is no other choice except be the only one without a phone.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U

Reactions: jarochos

MbTurner1977

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like normal dealings there. They tried every thing they could then they offered a phone similar in specs and price to replace yours. Pretty much every carrier does this. Helll vzw twice tried switching my nexus for a razzr maxx and that's a better deal but I love my nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

The Razr Maxx is not equal to the Galaxy Nexus. The Nexus has a better screen and the more updated version of Android. I know that other carriers do the same but if they are unable to supply you with the same phone you bought you should a least be able to choose the new phone you will be using. If this guy wanted the sensation I'm sure he would have bought it when it came out. Unless he agrees to taking that phone he shouldn't have to just take it. He should be allowed to exit his contract.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: jarochos

jarochos

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks bro after reading your post I cancel my appointment with veryzon I guess ill stay with t mobile until something better cames along