Throttle.....

jtcanales

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about tmobile is that in there commercials they say unlimited data and its not because they throttle your service when you reached what ever data your paying for. No wonder people are leaving and getting prepaid services, and it shouldn't be that way because that's why we pay good money for these services.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch using Android Central Forums

jtcanales

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know but if you want mobile tethering its still the same that's what they told me last nite when I spoke with them, cause I got friends that they say that they use it just fine.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch using Android Central Forums

D.A.R.Y.L.

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Pre paid (Straight talk) claims unlimited data but it's not. I got a phone call from them when I reached 1.5 gigs of data saying it's a warning and they can ban my #.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Pre paid (Straight talk) claims unlimited data but it's not. I got a phone call from them when I reached 1.5 gigs of data saying it's a warning and they can ban my #.

I used 3.8 gigs on straight talk last month and no warning for me. So far from Oct 3-5 I've used 500mb. I haven't had any problems using around 4 gigs per month on straight talk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

D.A.R.Y.L.

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
When you bought your sim did you choose at&t or T-Mobile? I have the at&t sim in my HOX.

tr0yz1488

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
As long as you stay around 5gb of data per month you shouldn't have any issues. This is still confusing to me since I use a app that monitors my data usage(I have unlimited text ,5gb 4g data, 100 talk minutes) I use it so I now when my 4g service will kick to 2g ya know. I've been on this plan for a long time and average around 8-10 gb's of data per month. I tether to my PC and sometimes to my ps3 cause apartment has free wifi but its shared also the house has 3 apartments total and we all share it so sometimes with everyone on it at one time it can get slow towards the end of each month. I'm rooted and don't use any special way to tether I just freeze the tether manager apk as I was told to do in the forums as Xda. I've never got any kind of warning for using too much data. Try going to the Google Play store and downloading App Quarantine. Then in app quarantines settings make sure to unchecked hide system services, now freeze the Tether Manager Service. From what I understand if this service is froze T-Mobile cannot tell the difference between tethering and normal data usage.

Hope this helps people having issues with being warned for using to much data

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just migrated to T-mobile Value from Classic and at the time looked into prepaid as it would negate the ETF. Unfortunately for me the ambiguous caps and the way they enforce it just scares me especially since I use my cell for business. Just FYI T-mobile value plans allow for corporate discounts so it makes the cost difference smaller and for me it's worth it to have priority network access.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I just migrated to T-mobile Value from Classic and at the time looked into prepaid as it would negate the ETF. Unfortunately for me the ambiguous caps and the way they enforce it just scares me especially since I use my cell for business.
What's ambiguous about the caps on prepaid? Or the way they're enforced, for that matter?