Menu and Back buttons won't light up

datawalla

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My Menu and Back buttons won't light up even though in settings "Always Lit" is selected. This was an intermittent problem with KitKat, but since the Lollipop upgrade, they rarely come on. Anyone have any idea what could be going on and how I can resolve it? The buttons still work fine, I just can't see them!

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
My Menu and Back buttons won't light up even though in settings "Always Lit" is selected. This was an intermittent problem with KitKat, but since the Lollipop upgrade, they rarely come on. Anyone have any idea what could be going on and how I can resolve it? The buttons still work fine, I just can't see them!

Push on them?

datawalla

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Uh, that's kind of the point. They don't light up when I touch them. When they go out, which is often, the only way to get them to come back on is to go into settings, switch the "Touch key light duration" from "Always lit" to "Always off" and then back to "Always lit" and they'll come back on until they decide to go off again. I have Tasker, E-Robot and Secure Settings all installed, but I haven't found any way to control the touch key lights from any of them. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

RedDawgEsq

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Similar problem here. On my S4 (SCH-I545) I have my Touch Light Duration set to "Always On", but every now and then, maybe once a week, they go off and cannot be revived through the Display settings. They still function when touched but don't light up. However, they have always returned after a restart. Go Figure.

ReturnOfMrYeah

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
It's because you might have your power saving mode on. I actually just notice my Note 4 would never light up but I remember that my girlfriend's does. While researching the problem, I realized it's the power saving mode

Posted via the Android Central App

night9crawler1

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
It's because you might have your power saving mode on. I actually just notice my Note 4 would never light up but I remember that my girlfriend's does. While researching the problem, I realized it's the power saving mode

Posted via the Android Central App
You're absolutely correct. This is my second time going through this "issue" and both times Power Saver was the culprit.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk