android newb calendar issue

cat_pants

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I am a new convert from iPhone. Put away my iphone 4 because I couldn't do what I wanted. But now after at&t and Kies and google calendar and my exchange calendar I have multiple entries for the same thing each day. How do I combine and delete? So many choices I'm flummoxed. :confused:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forums. Are you saying your appointments are duplicating? I guess my question would be are you also syncing your calendars between the devices (so your exchange appointments show up on your google calendar?). If so, I think they will duplicate on the phone as well (since it doesn't know they're the same appointment)

You can go into your phone's account settings (menu - accounts) and click on each account and tell it whether to sync the calendar or not. For example, I only sync my google and exchange calendars (and that's it), but they just merge together on the phone, but don't duplicate.

cat_pants

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I hope I'm in the right place. There are menu settings for everything, which is new to me after Iphone. I've got exchange active sync, google and outlook.com. I'm guessing somewhere here is the duplication problem. I also have Kies which brought over my contacts and calendars? Or did that happen in the ATT store. Argh. Thank you for the help.

cat_pants

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
it isn't outlook.com and I can't see anything on my exchange calendar except for one entry, but most aren't there either. And google only holds nothing as well. How did I end up with 4 of each of these things. Could it be something on my mac? I heard they didn't play well together.

cat_pants

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
actually it was all on the phone. I had to go through and just keep deleting double, triple and quadruple events. Annoying and odd.