Bluetooth text messaging problems - Galaxy s4 and Nissan Sentra

mcalister7353

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Until a couple of weeks ago, I was able to receive text messages through the Bluetooth in my Nissan Sentra. I still receive phone calls through the Bluetooth, but it is no longer recognizing text messages. Checking in to see if anyone else has had this problem and how it was solved. I went to the dealer yesterday and they were stumped - quite frustrating. Thanks in advance!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Until a couple of weeks ago, I was able to receive text messages through the Bluetooth in my Nissan Sentra. I still receive phone calls through the Bluetooth, but it is no longer recognizing text messages. Checking in to see if anyone else has had this problem and how it was solved. I went to the dealer yesterday and they were stumped - quite frustrating. Thanks in advance!

The issue is car manufacturers don't update their firmware for bluetooth if you took an update from att or samsung and it broke it chances are they use a different codec and now the Nissan is incompatible I would honestly see if there's an open source firmware for it and if it's easy to update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Anything not official from Nissan you can possibly flash over it to make things work kind of like a rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Hannah211

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck locating an open source firmware that works? Also, what's the process of actually overridding / installing the new firmware without harming the rest of the car's system. I drive a 2014 Altima, and use a Galaxy S4 running 4.4.2 Thanks for any tips!
Hannah

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo