Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Field Trip

Trying to download Google Field Trip to Samsung Infuse 4G w/firmware, 2.2.1, I receive error message that the app is not compatible with my device.

Is it the device or the version, 1997UCKH1?

PS I do not have new firmware because I use an iMac and do not know a workaround to download new firmware? Can anyone help with that?

Thank you!

Default Re: Google Field Trip

Looks like it is the firmware - you are running Froyo and it requires Gingerbread or newer. Can't help with the iMac problem. Maybe someone can.

Default Re: Google Field Trip

The latest firmware (from Samsung) for this device is I997UCLB3. I can confirm that Google Field Trip installs and works on the 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) firmware.

As far as the Mac problem (perhaps not a problem just that Samsung thinks everyone runs Windows) you may be able to get by running Windows in a virtual machine by using an eval copy of Windows then installing Kies Mini and following the official instructions at SAMSUNG

Other options may be find a friend that has a Windows desktop or seek other options to flash the update by searching.

Good luck!