What is AT&T Limiting on Note 5?

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a current AT&T customer who is getting ready to switch from a Windows phone to the Note 5. What features of the Note 5 is AT&T limiting/disabling, if any? Also, how is AT&T with Android updates? Are they as slow and/or unresponsive as they are with MS and Lumia updates?

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
As far as I am aware, no features are disabled. While I've got the S6 Edge Plus, both it and the Note 5 share the same internals.

Now on the update front. With carriers expect any updates to come around 6 months after Google announces them. For the most part, all the big four carriers are roughly on the same time lines when it comes to updates.

Additionally, compared to the overall numbers of Android and iOS users, Windows phones are nothing. They don't focus updates on low selling phones. But, if no updates have been announced by Microsoft for a Nokia/Lumia phone, it likely isn't going to get one.

With Android, expect to get anywhere from 1 to 5 updates per two years.

Posted via the Android Central App

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a current AT&T customer who is getting ready to switch from a Windows phone to the Note 5. What features of the Note 5 is AT&T limiting/disabling, if any? Also, how is AT&T with Android updates? Are they as slow and/or unresponsive as they are with MS and Lumia updates?

The stop you from creating a hotspot if you have unlimited data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk