20 plus automatically rebooting after software update 4.1 twice today

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
now i know that back 4.0 happen after i put it on charger it rebooted itself once and had to log in and no issues

well it did it again today when i put it on charger i updated 4.1 software update version 12:35 am today from verizon

now funny thing was after i unlock and went out to eat put phone in pants pocket i was using it around 6:50 i just came home 8:14 get it out of my pants pocket and saw that it did this?

really twice in 1 day 1st rebooted itself while on charger this afternoon and when i had it in pants pockets tonight after using it for a good few mins something isn't right

i have turn off phone and reboot i'm a hoping that it going to fixed reboots i'm now afraid what will happen when i put this in samsung charger if it's going to reboot automatically or not again or anymore tonight

folks on verizon who has 4.1 software update are you having issues with phone automatically restarting after you did software update today or not

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i may have to going to see what will happen 1st when put on charger tonight and see what will happen when i go back out put it in pants pocket next time i get it out see does it right now everything is good then again phone off the charger

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i may have to going to see what will happen 1st when put on charger tonight and see what will happen when i go back out put it in pants pocket next time i get it out see does it right now everything is good then again phone off the charger
Ok keep us posted

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i left this on charger long extended period of time today and when i woke up i once again saw that it automatically restarted itself and i had to like unlock phone something isn't right i don't know if clearing cache is going to fixed this issue or what

why all of a sudden if i leave it on samsung fast charger extended period of time it's going to automatically reboot phone telling me it restarted and i have to like unlock phone i had never had this issue before well only once last on ui 4.0 but not this constantly

meaning now i cannot have this over night in morning or afternoon on samsung fast charger without it have to restart and i had to unlock my phone because it said restarted i hated this stupid software update

i just did system wipe cache samsung told me in chat it will stop it let's see what will happen next few days meh

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i left this on charger long extended period of time today and when i woke up i once again saw that it automatically restarted itself and i had to like unlock phone something isn't right i don't know if clearing cache is going to fixed this issue or what

why all of a sudden if i leave it on samsung fast charger extended period of time it's going to automatically reboot phone telling me it restarted and i have to like unlock phone i had never had this issue before well only once last on ui 4.0 but not this constantly

meaning now i cannot have this over night in morning or afternoon on samsung fast charger without it have to restart and i had to unlock my phone because it said restarted i hated this stupid software update

i just did system wipe cache samsung told me in chat it will stop it let's see what will happen next few days meh
So you wiped cache in recovery? Let's see what happens

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i guess i have to keep an eye on it when put on charger you see i used that at home and when i go spent night like at my brother house i used the super fast wall charger

i have yet to go out so i'm not sure when i put it in my pants pocket for a period of time not using it then take it out afterwards if restart or not that's another thing i have to worry about

surely everything will be normal since i did that wipe system cache stupid one ui 4.1 meh

Last edited:

PIZZA_ALERT

Apr 21, 2022
Visit site
i guess i have to keep an eye on it when put on charger you see i used that at home and when i go spent night like at my brother house i used the super fast wall charger

i have yet to go out so i'm not sure when i put it in my pants pocket for a period of time not using it then take it out afterwards if restart or not that's another thing i have to worry about

surely everything will be normal since i did that wipe system cache stupid one ui 4.1 meh

I am having this same exact issue!!!! My S20+ just updated to OneUI 4.1 (Verizon system update 27) last week and now every morning when I wake up my phone has restarted itself. Auto Restart has never been turned on. The only suggestion I've seen from people is to put it in safe mode and see if it still does it. If it doesn't, then that tells us that it's a 3rd party app. However, how TF is this helpful for the 99% of phone owners who have hundreds of 3rd party apps???😂 There's no way to check which exact app is causing the issue, so that's a non solution. All it does it rule out that it's the phone itself. I will try this just to rule it out, but my problem will persist unfortunately and we just need a fix from Samsung.

Samsung, fix this $#!+

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i realize that if i leave phone on samsung fast charger after it get charge up 100 percent if you leave it 2, 3 4, 5 hours or more it will in fact restart phone automatically and then you will have to unlock phone

now i don't know about super fast charger why does this happen i don't know so i try i to get the phone off charger after 100 percent if i decide to take a nap because if i take a nap in morning afternoon or at night its on charger i wake up few hours later

i see phone restarts then i have to unlock phone, now sometime in a blue moon might restart on itself if i put it down that's nothing new always does that not often

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I am also having the restart problem.

At first, my husband would complain about his S20+ randomly restarting during the day. Then, my boss mentioned that his S20+ was randomly restarting. Then, my S20+ started doing it as well. Since the only phone I can keep track of 24 hours a day is mine, I can only comment on my personal experiences. For example, when I read the above post regarding restarts in the charger, that made sense. I put my phone on the charger every night when I go to bed, and for the last couple of weeks my phone has been restarting in the middle of the night (but not every night). So, I figured that leaving it in the charger too long after reaching 100% was the problem. Then, today it restarted while I was at my desk at work (not on a charger).

I have wiped the cache partition (on all three phones). I know safe mode is an option, but how will I know which app is the culprit? I deleted my most recent downloaded apps to see if it was something new. However, the same thing is happening on all three phones. We don't have the same apps or set up on our phones. Is it possible that this is a Samsung issue?

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Did you try clearing the system cache like mustang suggested?

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.

When the Android logo displays, release both keys.

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the Wipe cache partition.

Press Bixby / Power key to select.

Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the

Bixby / Power key to select.

When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issue for a few wks now. I've cleared the cache many times, made no difference. It reboots on a fast charger, wall charger, no charger, whenever it decides to. It's frustrating, I need it for work and am missing calls and texts, etc. I'm wondering if this is Sammy's way of getting us to upgrade? I haven't seen the S22's or Ultra's, maybe I missed them. No, I'm not into conspiracy theories, just thinking out loud.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issue for a few wks now. I've cleared the cache many times, made no difference. It reboots on a fast charger, wall charger, no charger, whenever it decides to. It's frustrating, I need it for work and am missing calls and texts, etc. I'm wondering if this is Sammy's way of getting us to upgrade? I haven't seen the S22's or Ultra's, maybe I missed them. No, I'm not into conspiracy theories, just thinking out loud.

UPDATE: Well, my Note 20U on AT&T hasn't restarted since sometime after late Tuesday night or Wednesday morning while I was asleep. I'm now wondering if a fix was sent out that I didn't know about. I'm happy so far though.

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Since the last update on Verizon I am getting this too. Cleared system cache. I do leave my phone on a wireless charger overnight. It has happened at least 3 times so far. annoying but not earth shattering S20 FE

Delerium76

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
Note20 ultra here and it's been doing the same thing to me for weeks. Only happens at night when I charge my phone. This can't be a third party app thing because the chances of us all having the same app causing a rare restart of the phone are so slim. (Apps don't normally have that level of permission to restart your phone).