4.2 battery life

yugin

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I just did a little research on my tablet. In the settings I changed "Keep WIFI on During Sleep" to "only when plugged" from the beginning but battery lasts for a day with only moderate use. Then I tried Battery Mix widget mentioned here. It showed that WiFi is kept on while tablet is in sleep even though it should be off during sleep. I'm not sure what keeps it on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

robertnv

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else getting this from BBS? I researched it and have no real clue.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355052127267.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355052127267.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 93

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else getting this from BBS? I researched it and have no real clue.

I took a look at my battery statistics when I caught a glimpse of 'surface flinger', then it turned to something else.

tigran_23

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello People!

I have good news for you! I had similar problems after 4.2 but found a fix. I am sure it will work for many of you. This is what I did (diagnostics and solution):

1. Unchecked "Data Enabled" at "Settings > More > Mobile Networks". After doing this the drain stopped, so it was clear it had something to do with an app connecting to internet.

2. Most mobile data was consumed by K-9 Mail (should be applicable to other clients too) so I decided to try it first. I restricted its "Background Data" via "Settings > Data Usage > K-9 Mail. Then I checked "Data Enabled" back and there was no battery drain. It was obvious that restricting Background Data helped.

3. I deleted all K-9 Mail accounts, cleared the app data and added accounts back. And Voila!, no more battery drain! :)

Hope this helps you guys,

With all best wishes,

Tigran Shahnazaryan

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Battery life performance slashed in half since 4.1.2 --- kind of frustrating that this is
a pure Google experience, and its almost like we received an update from Verizon for a skinned android device. Frustrating indeed. people over at xda are rolling back. It is a pain in the neck, but charging everyday is not a good look,,,,,, What the heck is going on here????

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting good battery life on 4.2 and that includes 4hrs of screen time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355988365276.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355988365276.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 43

dave1nyc

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This is almost off-topic, but I have a 4.2 battery usage question (I've only had mine for a few weeks): Thus far I have only a seat-of-the-pants feel about battery usage but have been pleased with it. I normally leave the GPS and NFS turned off.

Yesterday I was watching a movie using MX Player and paused it and went to another app. I put the 7 down and closed the case (which turned off the screen). Normally when I leave it idle with the display off for a couple of hours I notice very little. But this time, when I turned it on, the battery had gone from maybe 70-something to 24%.

I didn't think to check the battery usage indicator, but I'm wondering if MX Player is sucking up the battery even when paused and the display is off. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting pretty good battery life on 4.2. And this was almost 13 hours of screen time, most was from Global Outbreak and Galaxy On Fire 2.

Screenshot_2013-01-01-22-23-23.png