4.2 battery life

knrstz64

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Since upgrading to 4.2 my battery life is lousy, I'm losing 30 percent an hour and that's with the display on a low resolution, it wasn't this way before the update. Any suggestions ? Is anyone else experiencing this?

anon(1024093)

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Digital displays have a fixed resolution - it is what it is. Do you mean low brightness?

I've heard other folks complaining about high battery usage, but this is about the worst I've heard of so far. What does the battery usage page under settings say is using the power?

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
To disable NFC, go to Settings---> More...---> Un-tick NFC. What this is, is Near Field Communication. You can 'beam' content from any devices that support NFC. You can even get NFC Tags that change your settings simply by putting your tablet on it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bitseeker

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Check what services are running. Something may have started up when 4.2 rebooted the N7. Also, were you automatically logged back into Google+, Google Talk, etc.?

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded JB4.2 NFC on, Brightness slider just over half way up, Location Ser on, using live wallpaper, Google Search on, Google+ not used, With moderate use it lasts about two days. This seems not to be what others are getting. I am very happy with the battery life.
BTW on 4.1.2 I used Auto Brightness and can't on 4.2 because I get the screen flicker that has been talked about in other threads. I did unlock and root. Thats about all I have changed on my Nexus 7. Just wish Nexus 4 would come back in stock!

clkgtr37

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my N7 about a week before the 4.2 release and even running it stock, with all variables held equal, the battery drain has been significant. This is my third N7 and I have been insanely happy with the battery life it has exhibited, but I can't say that anymore.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Same. ever since i upgraded to 4.2, battery draining like anything for me.........very unhappy here..

+1

I used to get 12-14 hours of ACTIVE USE out of my Nexus 7 before I upgraded to 4.2. Now I can barely get 8! :banghead:

I'm not a happy camper. Google needs to address and fix this and soon! :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
There is definitely something causing drain on 4.2, I wouldn't say my battery life on my nexus 7 completely sucks, but forget getting 2 days out of a charge now! Before the update my battery life was epic, we're talking maybe a 5% drain and hour during heavy use, and a percent drain a day on standby. Now while in use my battery drains fast, to the point you can just watch the percentage go down while in use, and on standby a percent an hour or more. I always kept auto brightness on, plenty of widgets, and gps on at all times before. Now I've shut all that stuff off for no noticeable gain.

It's not just me either, my friend has a Gnex and he also complains about heavy battery drain. Really I love the update other than this, I really hope they patch it, thus far only thing they've cared about is the December bug

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
+1!!!

My battery performance has significantly suffered since 4.2... I'm very disappointed. I get half the battery life now. I don't get it, don't they check things like this before final release?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'd say half would be pretty accurate. It's insane. I think 4.2 was a bit rushed. I mean 4.1 just dropped a couple months ago but they needed to have a new Android for the nexus 4 and 10. Hopefully 4.2.1 fixes the drain

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred