4.3 update vs 4.42

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I keep seeing info about the 4.3 update, but I never see anything about 4.4.2 which is already installed on my sprint S4. Does anyone else have 4.4.2? Will we be requested to install 4.3 tomorrow?

Last edited:

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
No, it is really 4.42. I'm beginning to think I may be the only one who has it. I think they may have installed this at the Sprint store a couple of months ago when I purchased it. At this point I am not sure this was an OTA update.???

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Also it says I have software version L720VPUAMF9.. so SPH-L720 MF9. I would love to root it, but I am worried CF autoroot will crash it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
OK, it is 4.4.2, I thought I edited out that error, but that IS what it says. How do I get a screenshot?

Press the power and home buttons at the same time for about a second or two.

It's kinda weird that you already have Android Kit Kat when it hasn't even been announced for this phone. :eek::what:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Press the power and home buttons at the same time for about a second or two.

It's kinda weird that you already have Android Kit Kat when it hasn't even been announced for this phone. :eek::what:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Or any phone.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Now I am wondering if there are clipboard problems with 4.4.2
I can go through the motions of copying to the clipboard, and get a confirmation message, but the clipboard always seems empty. I have tried copying text, pictures, and screenshots, even tried the clipper app. Still always says the clipboard is empty.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I clearly read 4.2.2, but then again I may be dyslexic.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
You are absolutely right. That is a screenshot I took this morning without really looking at what it said. Believe me, yesterday it said 4.4.2. Unfortunately I erased the previous ones. This is driving me crazy.

M3wThr33

Jun 1, 2011
planetmew.com
4.4.2 doesn't exist. In any way, shape, or form. 4.4.0 isn't even out yet at all. And you sure as heck would know if you had it.