6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO 2

Jackamus

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Too long for them to update....

That is my biggest complaint. It takes way to long to roll out updates! At least Apple knows how to roll out updates. I have an apple phone also./:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Too long for them to update....

That is my biggest complaint. It takes way to long to roll out updates! At least Apple knows how to roll out updates. I have an apple phone also./:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What is it about Marshmallow that you are dying to have? What features are you missing out on with Lollipop?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I would blame your carrier (Verizon) since they hold the updates up. If you want quick updates grab a Nexus device. I use the 6P and get my updates right from Google (no waiting on a carrier).

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

I like to have the latest updates and the roll out takes too long.

Good thing with the way Verizon waits before releasing updates is you avoid many of the bugs that come with first release. Be patient.

Posted via the Android Central App

Pinzgauer

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

What is it about Marshmallow that you are dying to have? What features are you missing out on with Lollipop?

... actually there are many. Top of my list would be the option of setting the SD card up as internal storage.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I like to have the latest updates and the roll out takes too long.

You sure picked the wrong phone. Verizon only phones are notorious for slow updates. If timely updates are your thing, you for sure should be on a Nexus phone.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
re: When is Droid Turbo 2 getting Marshmallow?

There shouldn't be a person on this forum that doesn't know that it takes Verizon a long time. You knew that when you bought any verizon phone. It's like buying a Ford f-150 and being bothered that it doesn't get 40 miles per gallon, and being surprised about it

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm begging Verizon not to send out the update because then I would lose the fun of checking my phone about every 20 minutes for the update.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

there seems to be quite a bit of Verizon phones getting the update recently. my wifes G4 just was updated the other night. she could care less.

millerman61

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

... actually there are many. Top of my list would be the option of setting the SD card up as internal storage.

I hope this is not as 'buggy' as it was on an older phone I have that was rooted when we do get MM.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

What is the problem with Verizon? Do they have 2 people working in IT and one of them is on vacation? Come on Verizon, start acting like a big boy carrier.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Sadly, "lawyerherald" seems to publish a large number of articles on the topic, and gets sucked into Google search results, Google Now results, and Google News listings when you search for "Droid Turbo 2" and "Droid Turbo 2 Marshmallow". I say, "sadly", because there's almost NEVER any new content there. It's almost always a lukewarm rehash of old news, as in, "Droid Turbo 2 Owners STILL don't know when they're getting Marshmallow". The total lack of true information makes it appear that somebody is simply trolling for page views by putting "hot topics" on their home page, even if they have nothing to say on the topics. Truly, truly, maddening that these useless sites exist, and diminish the value of web searches for real content. That's one site that I'd LOVE to see Google downgrade or eliminate from search results.

- Jon

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm. Galaxy S7 and LG G5 will not allow using the MicroSD card for internal storage with Marshmallow. Verizon might follow with the Droid. There is the potential for a screwup and a slowdown when everything is on a MicroSD card. They probably fail a lot more frequently than internal storage.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Any chance marshmallow provides better screen on battery life. For a device with such a big battery, the SOT is complete trash. A fraction of the Droid Maxx and original Turbo.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

The similar Moto X Force has adoptable storage on Marshmallow.

Here is a Moto page about the feature: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/109134/p/1449,9582

I suppose it's possible that Verizon will tell Moto to make a special version without the feature, but I seriously doubt it.

I agree with you that it's risky compared with using the card for media and app data storage though. I wouldn't use adoptable storage without an incredibly robust backup method and the understanding I may be doing an fdr and restore of data if the card fails.