6603/AT&T tells me not LTE capable

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a hard time believing this but AT&T online representative is insisting that my Z3 is not recognized in their system as a phone that can pick up LTE. I'm not exactly buying this just yet from them and intend on going into a store and trying another sim card. The phone clearly has the proper bands but the lady said that does not matter.

My OnePlus I had before this is recognized in their billing system as a capable LTE phone..

HSPA+ is plenty fast for me and better on battery life but it seems odd the internationally unlocked version is not recognized by ATT. Anyone have a 6603 and getting LTE?

viking2.0

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I think ATT haven't updated their systems for the new z3. I read in some other forum that some users gave at&t imei numbers of LTE capable phones during setup and this made the system recognize it as LTE phone. Try this next time

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Talk to the level 2s. Some of the reps don't know what they are talking about or know their stuff. One thing you could do, is to go to the store to get the latest SIM, that would be beneficial since the latest tower info would be on there.

I'm getting the D6633 tomorrow, so I'll see how this plays out since I need to get a Nano SIM anyways.

I didn't have problems when I got hooked to the LTE network for the first time when getting a Z2 back in May coming from a Galaxy S3 (GT-9300). I called AT&T, and they were able to pull my phone up and it was good to go.

aculyizfrozen

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a hard time believing this but AT&T online representative is insisting that my Z3 is not recognized in their system as a phone that can pick up LTE. I'm not exactly buying this just yet from them and intend on going into a store and trying another sim card. The phone clearly has the proper bands but the lady said that does not matter.

My OnePlus I had before this is recognized in their billing system as a capable LTE phone..

HSPA+ is plenty fast for me and better on battery life but it seems odd the internationally unlocked version is not recognized by ATT. Anyone have a 6603 and getting LTE?

Thats BS. T-Mobile told me the same thing. Then I gave them the model number and told me it should work. And it did. They also gave me the wrong APN settings so maybe thats an issue too? Look at your OnePlus's APN settings, and copy it over to your Xperia. That's what I did with my old nexus 5.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Cheers guys.

Called and gave them a moto X imei and LTE is rolling.

Hopefully it doesn't hit my battery much harder!

Posted via the Android Central App

aculyizfrozen

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Cheers guys.

Called and gave them a moto X imei and LTE is rolling.

Hopefully it doesn't hit my battery much harder!

Posted via the Android Central App

"Called and gave them a moto X imei and LTE is rolling."

^^Hahahhaha.

Trust me dude, battery life is amazing on here even with LTE.