A long day with my G2. Battery/Pictures and more

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Lol, no I do not. My current phone is a HTC Trophy. I can't really favorite a Android phone when I do not own one. Those were my opinions viewing said photos on a IPS monitor. I'm also big into photography so when I see things like blown out highlights, it is a disappointment because I've seen other cellphone cameras meter properly to leave details intact.

You said there was poor detail and that was simply not the case, not even close. If you took the time to open the pictures separately, you'd see far more detail than what you see embedded in the thread.

I too am big into both photography and video. I do video professionally. I've owned the GS3, GS4 and HTC One. The G2 takes better pictures than any of them. The only phone camera that may equal or exceed the G2 is the Nokia or perhaps the upcoming Sony. Neither of these are or will be available on Verizon, so the G2 has, IMO, the best camera on Verizon.

Yes, if you're looking for oversharpened pictures, you might be more impressed with the Samsung. But the G2 takes sharp pictures with lots of detail and without any over sharpening.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
How in the world do you get rid of q slide up top? I really don't like my status bar cluttered haha

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

There is a toggle to turn it off in the top toggle bar. If you don't see it click on the Edit but at the very end of the toggle bar. From there you can add and delete all toggles. Add the QSlide toggle then you will be able to use it to turn off the QSlide bar. Hope that helps.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
One thing I forgot to mention was Quick Remote. Very easy to set up and use. Set up the living room and bedroom within minutes.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys no use getting into it about how somebody thinks the photos look etc... That's why I posted the pictures so everybody can even.

Also I didn't just try to post the best ones. I know the ones with animals the focus is off slightly but still not bad.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
One thing I forgot to mention was Quick Remote. Very easy to set up and use. Set up the living room and bedroom within minutes.

My only issue with that app is it could not control my Sony receiver for some reason.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Panorama photo before a high school football game yesterday.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379262038665.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379262038665.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 84

FutureRoscoe

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be a subtle grid in the blues of every sky shot I've seen. I'm seeing it in the thumbnail and in the blown-up version when clicked on. Almost as if you can see the grid of the pixels themselves.

Do you see it as well? Am I crazy? Are you finding that on most/all sky shots?

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be a subtle grid in the blues of every sky shot I've seen. I'm seeing it in the thumbnail and in the blown-up version when clicked on. Almost as if you can see the grid of the pixels themselves.

Do you see it as well? Am I crazy? Are you finding that on most/all sky shots?

I see it in that football shot. Almost like gradient layers but i again wonder if its the source that's viewing it.

All in all the camera is very nice. Pictures look very sharp and crisp on the actual phone and i would assume on any high level monitor/display too. On my 2 lcd monitors at home details are lost but they aren't HD monitors. So for all those saying the pictures look soft perhaps the source you're viewing them on isn't the highest level of quality.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I see it in that football shot. Almost like gradient layers but i again wonder if its the source that's viewing it.

All in all the camera is very nice. Pictures look very sharp and crisp on the actual phone and i would assume on any high level monitor/display too. On my 2 lcd monitors at home details are lost but they aren't HD monitors. So for all those saying the pictures look soft perhaps the source you're viewing them on isn't the highest level of quality.

The football shot is a panorama so you expect to lose some details on those.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Another update.

Decided to watch some Red Zone outside while I smoked a cigar so got to use the Bluetooth. Using a Oontz Bluetooth speaker it synced upped just fine and was loud and clear.

Also had no problem watching with the screen outside, of course I want in direct sunlight but it was still light outside and had the screen brightness at 70%

Very happy with everything so far.

FutureRoscoe

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Haha - well I noticed it somewhat prominently on that memorial shot with the guy on the horse that was posted as well.

And ... I mostly feel insane these days anyways :)

I'm seriously considering this phone. From what everyone is saying - I wouldn't be disapointed. I guess I'm just being overly careful. I was super interested in the new Droid Maxx but every photo example I've seen from that camera totally underwhelmed me. Like. Totally and completely.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Haha - well I noticed it somewhat prominently on that memorial shot with the guy on the horse that was posted as well.

And ... I mostly feel insane these days anyways :)

I'm seriously considering this phone. From what everyone is saying - I wouldn't be disapointed. I guess I'm just being overly careful. I was super interested in the new Droid Maxx but every photo example I've seen from that camera totally underwhelmed me. Like. Totally and completely.

That is Sam Houston, it has been there since 1925.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Lol, no I do not. My current phone is a HTC Trophy. I can't really favorite a Android phone when I do not own one. Those were my opinions viewing said photos on a IPS monitor. I'm also big into photography so when I see things like blown out highlights, it is a disappointment because I've seen other cellphone cameras meter properly to leave details intact.

I also agree with Vaxick. I am looking at those pictures on a 27" iMac IPS monitor 2560x1440 and they look "soft". I am not saying to look "bad", but they aren't that sharp looking at them on a True IPS that is calibrated.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I also agree with Vaxick. I am looking at those pictures on a 27" iMac IPS monitor 2560x1440 and they look "soft". I am not saying to look "bad", but they aren't that sharp looking at them on a True IPS that is calibrated.

They look good on my retina ipad 4. Not to call you out. I would like to see like a cnet prizefight of all the camera phones toe to toe

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I see the pixelated gradient you are referring to as well in the sky shots. They photos look really good overall though. I figure that gradient could be from the forums altering how the images look, or it may be how solid-ish colors come out with the camera.

I really like what the camera is producing though. I have an S4 and considered the Moto X until I saw just how mediocre the camera is. I am liking the G2, waiting to see more samples on the other thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d