[ACS] Nexus S 4G AIO root & CWM flashable zips

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You have to install PDAnet to have all the drivers available for the phone/usb connection. Then just follow the steps

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm just reading, is the lettering in blue? If so, that is stock recovery, you do not have CWM or it would
be orange and have additional choices.

You need to go back to start and try again. I did not use these files, I used the long way, it was easy looking back, but so many little things to do that can cause it not to work. For example, I kept using the computer command prompt, not knowing to right click in Platform Tools - wheh

NorcrossFlyer

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm just reading, is the lettering in blue? If so, that is stock recovery, you do not have CWM or it would
be orange and have additional choices.

You need to go back to start and try again. I did not use these files, I used the long way, it was easy looking back, but so many little things to do that can cause it not to work. For example, I kept using the computer command prompt, not knowing to right click in Platform Tools - wheh

Yeah........its blue. Not sure what CWM is or why I don't have it.

I have tried twice now.........still nothing. I liked the idea of this way of rooting because I'm not very comfortable with the process so having a way to do it where I can't screw up is ideal for me.

NorcrossFlyer

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Question.........I followed these instructions and I thought I was rooted, but I don't think I am. The phone is unlocked (it says so........unlock icon and in recovery it says its unlocked) but I don't think its technically "rooted". Is there a way I can just do the latter part of this process again that gives me the super user access I need without wiping my phone (again)?

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Will this work on a Mac?

I don't think so.. It uses the Command Prompt on windows to do the rooting so unless your running some kind of emulator or something, I don't think you can.. But I'm pretty ignorant about MACs so why not try to see if you can somehow do it.