Activations/Unlimited Data? Has Anyone Checked?

snork

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my phone June 6th, confirmed over the phone that I could keep my unlimited plan and even emailed Verizon about it. They assured me that because I pre-ordered before the official announcement of their new share everything plans and policy to force users to select one of their new plans. It really depends on who you talk to though, some CSRs and managers will be dicks about it, others will understand. I'd say if you are unable to get through with whoever you're talking to about activating, hang up and call back. Keep trying until you get someone who cares. When you pre-ordered as long as you didn't modify your plan, you should be able to activate without changing it.

edit: I just checked my plan online and they apparently changed my plan to a 2gb data plan, but after calling them, they were easily able to revert it back. The CSR did it in seconds, so if you had unlimited before and they try to tell you you can't switch back, they are lying.

Last edited:

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I had no problems going online and activating my device. Confirmed online my account shows unlimited data, as does the receipt I received in the box with my phone.

Hope the problems some people are having are resolved. My advice - activate yourself and don't involve customer service.

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok Question, My phone just shipped so It'll be here on Monday...but, when I went on my dad's account (still part of his plan, no sense in moving to my own since I have unlimited), when I preordered the phone, I transferred his upgrade to my line (he has a dumbphone). I went through the process, and it did keep saying for line ending in mine, and showed unlimited data as well still. Well when I logged in it showed his line is on contract for the next 2 years (said available for an upgrade on March 2014) While mine still shows November.

Did they screw up and give the S3 to my dad's line? Will I have trouble activating it?

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Ok Question, My phone just shipped so It'll be here on Monday...but, when I went on my dad's account (still part of his plan, no sense in moving to my own since I have unlimited), when I preordered the phone, I transferred his upgrade to my line (he has a dumbphone). I went through the process, and it did keep saying for line ending in mine, and showed unlimited data as well still. Well when I logged in it showed his line is on contract for the next 2 years (said available for an upgrade on March 2014) While mine still shows November.

Did they screw up and give the S3 to my dad's line? Will I have trouble activating it?

This is how its supposed to work when you transfer an upgrade. You upgraded your phone but renewed his contract. You shouldn't have any problems activating it on your line.

Reactions: HolyBuckeye

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

Oh my god haha that's so weird, the EXACT same thing happened to me man!

I transferred the upgrade from my dad's line, over to my line. yet it said HIS line was on contract for the next to years, while mine stayed the same.

You'll be all good. Just when you activate the phone, what will happen is your dad's line will be on contract, just to accept the terms, but the phone will be on YOUR line. it's confusing, i know.

But, to double check. Go to the shipping confirmation email you received from Verizon. On the right, it will say order summary. Look where it says "mobile number", and if that number is YOUR line's phone number, then you're all good :D

Reactions: HolyBuckeye

yanger

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Interesting bit from the Verizon CSR I just talked to.

He said that they were given direction this week that anyone upgrading that already has unlimited 4g data can keep it regardless of when they did their upgrade. Even if you didn't pre-order if you upgrade now you can keep it as long as you already have it...

Seems to go against what other people are running into with the whole take it or leave it problems so YMMV lol.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
With my luck so far on this order, I'll be in the same boat as some of you. Hopefully everyone is getting it straightened out.

People on here give others grief for not "trusting" Verizon, but then you see more evidence of why you shouldn't and need to double check everything they do. When my order was cancelled, the initial CSR seemed to be on top of everything and knew her way around the system. The second CSR I dealt with was barely above "button pusher" status. It is a luck of the draw.

adchao87

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
got my phone this morning, went to my local verizon store and had them activate it. No problems for me what so ever. My unlimited stayed in tact.

Flatland2D

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I just activated my S3 over the phone. The rep said I would lose unlimited because it's after the 28th. I told her that I preordered on the 6th and Verizon has said multiple times that I can keep unlimited. She said she can activate me on the 2 GB plan and file an Inactive Pricing Request to get my unlimited back. Said it shouldn't take more than 48 hours. Also said that she talked to her supervisor about it and got approval and that no other levels of approval would be necessary. I'll just have to wait and see. I'll raise hell if I don't get it back but I'm not going to stress about it for now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Just wanted to update this. Called back this morning and told the rep the problem and he was able to change me back to unlimited right that minute. I don't know why the first rep didn't have that ability.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rschat1020