Advice and help with a couple of G3 issues (and wrestling with my conscience)

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

I was wondering if you may be able to help with some advice regarding the G3.

Here's where I'm at.. I've been using a loan g3 for a week and I love it.. That screen just blows my mind. I've tried the Xperia Z2, the. htc M8.. Neither of them match or even come close.

What I am finding though is there is one issue that really irritates me. The lack of being able to call up the voice mate software using the headset. It is impossible. To give you an idea of where i was before.. I used an iPhone 5S and A Galaxy s5.. I used Siri all the time and find S Voice to be brilliant. I drive a lot and also walk around a lot listening to music and I hate walking worth my phone in my hands in London. Total muggers target.

With the S5, you just press the headset call button for a few seconds and it brings up S Voice which then allows me to play music without looking at the phone. I can't believe the same functionality has been left out of the g3. I've been through all the menus and tried saying the keywords to bring it up and it doesn't work. Am I totally missing something or has LG dropped the ball here?

The only thing I can find that is close is to press the unlock button while the phone is in my pocket to unlock the screen and then use the headset button which does bring up Voice mate. But it then doesn't do anything until I press the onscreen button to complete my command. If I press the headset button again, it doesn't do anything.

Similarly, the S5 features a car mode which just works. It audio connects to my Bluetooth stereo and then opens itself and plays tunes just by me saying Hi Galaxy. I can't seem to find anyway of achieving this with the g3. It's a big thing because having to unlock the phone then find the software key then swipe up to voice mate means I take my eyes off the road which really isn't ideal.

Can anybody help? It may sound like an insignificant thing but this is a big thing to me and means I'll have to plump for the s5 even though my heart tells me I really want the g3 more.

Oh and how do you guys find battery life? Is there a way of emulating the extreme power saving mode brought to us by the likes of the s5 and HTC One m8 rather than the pretty paltry built in battery save app?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I believe you should be able set up and say "OK, Google" to do most, if not all of what you want.
This is all in the Settings in Google Search and Google Now.

My battery is great. I can be a heavy user at times and, so far, keeps me going for hours and hours.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Mav. :cool: