All things considered, especially the current price, is the Nexus 6 still a good buy?

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I haven´t followed the life of the Nexus 6 very much. What are it´s major problems other than size which is a very subjective problem?

Camera?
Performance?
Screen?
Battery?

In a country (Mexico) where the current Nexus 6p is not going to be available for a few months, the N5X supposedly soon but via carriers, is an unlocked N6 still a good buy, since it is going for particularly cheap right now.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
re:

The battery is good I get 5 hrs of screen on time. Camera is pretty OK, I say yes still an awesome buy

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
re:

I like mine well enough, not really that interested in the 6p, never have been a real big fan of metal body phones even since they gave us HTC One's at work. I'll see what next year's Nexus is. The Nexus 6 has been a good phone for me anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

etad putta

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
re:

At the $300 price it is a no brainer if a person wants a flagship phone. I always go for the best bang for the buck and in my opinion the Nexus 6 is king at this time.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
re:

Just had one delivered yesterday.
Guess that's my vote.
EDIT: Second in the house. was supposed to be for the wife...that's another story.

Last edited:

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
re:

I just bought a second one. The camera is admittedly only acceptable, not great. And it's big. On the other hand, I spend a lot of time reading, and I use my phone for in-car nav, so the big screen comes in really handy, the speakers are fantastic.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
re:

Thanks guys. How bad is the camera? I really want a phone that can take great pictures in reasonable conditions.

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Re:

IMG_20151029_180402~2.jpg

The camera is the best Android camera I have used. I know HTC cameras are better. But this is my best in 5 years of using Android devices.

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
My only complaint about the Nexus 6 is that it is a bit slippery. That curved back was not a great design choice (then again. a flat back would have made a heavier device). I plan to keep mine through 2018. I am a Nexus customer for as long as Google sells them.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re:

View attachment 203812

The camera is the best Android camera I have used. I know HTC cameras are better. But this is my best in 5 years of using Android devices.

That is a really good picture, camera phone or otherwise, that came out really good. Just out of curiosity, what city is that? Looks like my old home town, made me a little home sick :)

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
That's a great picture. But HTC are not known to be particularly good. Samsung and LG cameras especially the last gen are the revered ones in the Android community.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
$300...Just do it! :cool: The camera is great...It's not the fastest, but when you take your time the turn out great. So basically it's the photographer. :p

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re:

At the $300 price it is a no brainer if a person wants a flagship phone. I always go for the best bang for the buck and in my opinion the Nexus 6 is king at this time.
Is that the direct from Google price? I think it is more at vzw store. Heck of a deal though.

Google Store says starting at $499? Where is this offer?

Last edited:

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Is that the direct from Google price? I think it is more at vzw store. Heck of a deal though.

Google Store says starting at $499? Where is this offer?

It was on eBay and a few other places. Pretty much everyone has it cheaper than the Google Store, they're still $350 on eBay mostly. Brand new and sealed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk