Almost no one can recieve my pic sms. Says it to large.

Mark_in_Tulsa

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I am running Myn's right now, which has the increase in MMS size. Well not sure when it started, but I'm guessing it's when I installed Myn's. But when I send a pic it get this message.

(SprintFreeMsg: The receiving service provider for (insert phone #) has a size limit for picture/video. Your message may not be received.)

Now my wife can get them on her Sprint BB curve. But all my friends that I have sent pics to recently can't get them and I get that message. Now all of them do have an iphone and or ATT that I have sent a pic to.

Any help?

I've tried cropping the pic down but it's still to no avail.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
There's really not much you can do... it's not the phone it's the receivers network that wont allow it. The only thing you can do is take lower res pictures, like in 5 mp maybe.

Mark_in_Tulsa

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
There's really not much you can do... it's not the phone it's the receivers network that wont allow it. The only thing you can do is take lower res pictures, like in 5 mp maybe.

So this is always an issue when you increase the MMS/SMS size capacity?
Not that I have been looking for it, but I haven't notices it brought up here or XDA. But then again I haven't been looking for it.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much what Jerzy said. For some reason it's the resolution. If you look in the actual settings on the phone you should see something like "email quality" or something like that. There is one for the video, I'm certain. I know it sounds odd that you can upload them to facebook but not send them via email. It's just because it's in a message format. Maybe the recipient can try to increase their MMS size? I know that Handcent has an option for this if you register with them, but I don't know what the size limit is.

Have you clarified that Myn's "increased message size" isn't just pertaining to the text field (more than 160 char per message) and not pics. I think it's the size of the "text" message rather than the whole message itself.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
The phone will usually ask you if you want to resize/optimize for mobile devices before sending.Depending on the recipients phone it may not support the file. Happens a lot with mms messages....especially ones that get forwarded from person to person to person.

lfmasieri

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Go to Messaging > Menu > Settings > under MMS Settings there is an option called Maximun Message Size > click on it > and set it to maybe 2MB and see if that works....

You can do something similar in Handcent if you're using that, but I'm assuming you have the stock message app. This should fix your issue with other carriers

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Go to Messaging > Menu > Settings > under MMS Settings there is an option called Maximun Message Size > click on it > and set it to maybe 2MB and see if that works....

You can do something similar in Handcent if you're using that, but I'm assuming you have the stock message app. This should fix your issue with other carriers

While this would hopefully work you'd still have to resize the image or change the settings for the camera since the front facing is a 3mpxl camera. You'll have to drop the resolution to 640x384 or the 1M option.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Agreed with truslide. Go to your camera settings and lower the resolution. If you do want to send a high res image email my be your only option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582