Am I the only whose LG G5 just decided to die?

A

AC Question

Earlier today my LG G5 simply turned off and won't turn back on; it won't even indicate that it is charging when I plug it in. When it died it was on 80% battery life. Is this a common problem with the G5 series?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Earlier today my LG G5 simply turned off and won't turn back on; it won't even indicate that it is charging when I plug it in. When it died it was on 80% battery life. Is this a common problem with the G5 series?
Thanks for posting. You'll have to create an account in order to give feedback.

Same thing happened to me. I was swapping sim cards between my Honor 8 and my G5 and when went to power on the G5, no dice. T-Mobile swapped it out, no charge. I did a Google search which yielded nothing. I'm guessing it only happened on a small scale.

Bought mine day after launch.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

Sorry to hear that... I know the G4 and V10 had that issue.. it was a faulty chip on the motherboiards, but I believe it was mainly, but not entirely localised to Verizon devices

What region are you in?

From what Ive read, LG are having some legal / court cases atm from users trying to claim compensation for their lost data and G4 / V10 devices ... but never heard anything about any G5 claims...

Contact LG, and as long as its stock and not rooted, running TWRP or has a custom ROM installed, then they might honour the warranty.. youve got nothing to lose

jnbarth

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
On my g5 the power button failed completely. Like yours, my phone appeared to be dead. To get it to turn on, hold volume up while you plug in the usb cable/charger. The lg logo appears on the screen. While still holding volume up, first remove the usb cable, then release volume up. The phone remains on and finishes reboot. Power button still broken, but at least phone is useable.

Jason Slattery

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site

This happened to me last summer. I had to contact LG and send the phone to them to replace the motherboard under warranty. Got it back within 5 days.