Amazon selling Fascinate for one cent

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how long they have been doing this for or for how much longer but right now Amazon.com is selling the Fascinate for only a penny. I'm sure the usual new service only with a 2 year contract will apply but you can't beat getting a $200 phone for a cent.

Amazon.com: Samsung Fascinate Android Phone (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Service
the Amazon offer of $0.01 is only for new verizon customers. If you are an existing customer then you will pay more, but still less than the $200 for the upgrade.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
yea. wirefly.com is 9.99 for a new acct, for an upgrade its 99.99. I assume amazon.com's price for an upgrade is probably closer to 99.99 then 00.01.

being as im a new customer though, i did place my order for 2 phones last night on amazon.com.. came to .02 cents and that includes free 2 day shipping.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
so ordered on Wed, itll be arriving tommorow.. free shipping.. free everything.. im a new customer to verizon so i hope i love the service.

why do i get the feeling this thread died so quick because most users are upset they paid alot more then one cent for this great phone :)

desertdog

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine thru ebates that uses wirefly for $9.99 but ebates is giving $35.00 rebate. New contract so I look at this
as $9.99 for the phone and free activation. Should be here tomorrow.

emptycube

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
why do i get the feeling this thread died so quick because most users are upset they paid alot more then one cent for this great phone :)
Oh I def feel like a sucker for what I paid for mine (it was a renewal though). I could take it back and do an even-exchange for a Droid X/2 (minus the $35 exchange fee) but the thing is...now that I have LauncherPro and Google I don't want a Droid X/2 or Dinc.

When it comes time for a new phone, I will remember this and will likely switch carriers. Verizon just really made themselves look terrible imo.

In the 'Getting started with your Android'; Jerry Hildenbrand wrote:
Android is an operating system for mobile devices. But what makes it different? To start, Android is a project from the people at Google. Yes, that Google. Like all things Google, it's feature-rich and cutting-edge, but still pretty darn friendly once you get into using it. Google also tries to follow a simple rule - "Don't be evil". They don't mean evil like Lex Luthor or Apple, they mean the sneaky kind of evil. Evil like hiding personal information in songs you buy and download. Or evil like imposing crazy restrictions on application developers that seem to only maximize their profit margins. As far as we know, they've done a pretty good job at it, and we have no reason to think they will ever change their ways.
So what does Verizon do? Be evil, that's what.

Last edited:

anon(45178)

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I have an existing single line plan with Verizon that I wanted to upgrade to a family plan. I looked around and the best deal was with Wirefly. I paid $29.99 for the phone with free shipping. It should be here tomorrow. Amazon wanted $149 for the same deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk