Analyst claims HTC will not launch another flagship in the US

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Analyst claims HTC will not launch another flagship in the US

According to him, the Taiwanese company doesn't have the resources required to launch a new high-end smartphone across carriers in the US next year.

The main reason is the restructuring process that HTC is going through right now, including the fact that the company laid off most its field sales force.

But that doesn't mean that HTC will sell its smartphone business. Instead, Maldonado says that the Taiwanese handset maker will adopt an ODM (original design manufacturer) business model. This means that HTC may continue to design and manufacture smartphones as specified and even rebranded by another company for sale.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Can't say as though I am surprised. HTC has been adrift lately.... they finally release a worthy flagship in the 10 but their reputation was already so far into the toilet that no one noticed.

Perhaps stepping back and becoming the man behind the curtain for Google and other companies would do them good.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My experience with their phones and customer service was extremely subpar.... I'll never own another HTC product.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is a little disheartening, if true. However, if this helps HTC get back on it's feet, then maybe this won't be so bad after all.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Can't say as though I am surprised. HTC has been adrift lately.... they finally release a worthy flagship in the 10 but their reputation was already so far into the toilet that no one noticed.

Perhaps stepping back and becoming the man behind the curtain for Google and other companies would do them good.

I'm very sorry to hear what has happened to them, but I definitely agree with you. If they partner up with Google or other companies with a good reputation, that could really put them on the map again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia