Android 13 for AT&T

painnpanic

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update for Android 13 for ATT on Friday May 5. Didn't see many changes but it does seem to run smoother. I tried to replace with the Samsung S22 Ultra, and and will never buy a bloatware I mean Samsung ever. This phone has everything I need. I really hate the day when I have to replace this phone for another brand.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm of the exact opposite view on the Verizon version and just reinforces my belief that every update is better than the next. Not just with LG, but Android in general.

Things broken:
-Media notifications no longer show in status bar, must pull down the shade to see if active or control it.
-Media notifications sometimes hang and cannot be swiped away when finished.
-When pausing browser based media, Android now dismisses it on its own, making it a hassle to get it to play again in the background.
-Bluetooth settings reset themselves to both calls and media on capable pairings.
-Instead of launching straight into an app when tapping its icon, it splashes the icon logo on the screen prior to launching, increasing loading time unnecessarily.
-The occasional useless nag about a couple of apps using accessibility options is now a daily occurrence and can't seem to find a wall to stop it. I have things set like I need, but Father Google thinks it knows best.

Things changed I couldn't care less about:
Media progress bar in the notification is now an animated wavy line. I wonder if this also uses extra battery power.

Things I like about the update:

TL;DR it seems Android 13 was all about screwing up how media is handled.

Last edited:

snowmutt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My V60 has been retired to a Wi-Fi, music machine. But that last update had a 50-50 effect for me. The connectivity, web browsing, and upload/download speeds were all outstanding, but I noticed some of my apps were spotty. But I sure loved my LGs and will miss them.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos