Android Auto in 2016 Cruze not recognizing phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I've had my 2016 Cruze for about two weeks now.... up until this morning, AA was working fantastic. I noticed on my phone (S8) that it was saying "Moisture detected in charging port" even though everything was dry. I had to start the phone in Safe Mode, and then restart it normally after that to clear up that issue. However, now when I connect the phone up via USB-C to my car, the phone charges, but nothing else happens. I dont get the Android Auto option on the display. I've reset the phone back to factory settings already, but Samsung is telling me that I need to now wipe the entire phone and start over. To me, that seems a bit a drastic.... I'm going to try my wife's S7 when I get home. I really hope that it's not the car, as AA was one of the major selling points to this vehicle

Anyone else have a similar experience, and might be able to shed some light here?

BillN100

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I am having the identical problem... and apparently we are not alone. In surfing through a number of sites I found numerous nearly identical posts. My issue is with a 2018 Subaru Outback. Android auto works sometimes... and not sometimes. The phone is a Nexus 6. Apparently there is NO reliable fix. All combinations of settings, USB cables, uninstall and reinstall as well as burning incense and sacrificing small animals does not remedy the issue. Worst of all, it makes the phone unusable as a GPS device. Once you plug in the cable it "turns off" or darkens the screen. Since the car screen does not display the map you effectively have no GPS device. The two workarounds are to uninstall Android auto from the phone or to leave the phone not plugged in to the USB port and thereby drain the battery. Now why was it I picked this particular car... oh! that's right so it would sync up the GPS with the car's screen. Thanks Google for making my experience worse than it was before. A real piece of CRAPWARE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174