Android Auto wireless, Spotify skipping

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I have a Samsung A52s 5G with Android 11 and i'm using Android Auto wirelessly on a Kia Infotainment.

The problem is that I get random mini skips (like old scratched CD), usually a couple of times for every song.

I've tried till now to remove battery optimization for both Spotify and Android Auto but no success... Any ideas?

PS: My old phone with only cabled AA has no problems.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I have same problem on Android10 with Samsung A21. Not just for audio however. For every app. Constant "glitching" and normally always disconnecting when using Wireless AndroidAuto, but normally quite stable if using USB wired connected AndroidAuto. I am pretty sure it's an Android problem (either in the phones and/or also in the infotainment centre head units), because Apple Car Play (spit) seems to work flawlessly in same vehicle. On the web, there are suggestions that some Samsung phones are particularly bad for this and Samsung might be working on it. However, seems to be lots of speculation. Also lots of speculation that AndroidAuto in general is way behind Apple Car Play for wireless car stuff, and therefore probably also issue in the infotainment head units that are also contributing to at least part of the problem. Very frustrating, and the car dealerships are generally clueless as to if/how to help troubleshoot.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
They finally pushed Android11 and a September security update to my Samsung A21 (seems like the quarterly updates are always dated a quarter behind) and I think my wireless Android Auto problems might be gone. Have not yet positively confirmed, but thus far it's looking promising.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mars08