Android - music, listening & pictures

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I still look for SD card slots and headphones jack.

I can't find new phones with either.

Must used Bluetooth, to listen.

How are people putting their own music onto their phones with no SD card slot?
(I don't use Spotify)

I also use the SD slot for pictures from phone to laptop.

How do you get them from one to the other?
I also don't use Google storage.

Thanks.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I use Spotify. Either stream or download from them. I have lots of data so either works for me.
If you don't want Bluetooth you can buy a cheepish dongle and plug in your wired headphones.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Transfer the files by dragging and dropping them using Windows Explorer when the device is connected to a USB port on the PC. Enable media transfer on the device after connecting it. Drop the files into the music folder in internal storage of the device.
They all have a c to c cord. Not sure how to connect that to my laptop.
I am used to the end of the cord having USB cable.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Transfer the files by dragging and dropping them using Windows Explorer when the device is connected to a USB port on the PC. Enable media transfer on the device after connecting it. Drop the files into the music folder in internal storage of the device.
Also, I think Windows supports Nearby Share now, so could do it wirelessly.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I still look for SD card slots and headphones jack.

I can't find new phones with either.

Must used Bluetooth, to listen.

How are people putting their own music onto their phones with no SD card slot?
(I don't use Spotify)

I also use the SD slot for pictures from phone to laptop.

How do you get them from one to the other?
I also don't use Google storage.

Thanks.
I can transfer music from my cloud account to my phone, or I use ShareIt, an app available for your phone and laptop. I can also load music files from a dual thumb drive with USB-C and USB heads. You can also get a USB-C to standard USB adapter.

I keep a backup of my phone on the dual-headed drive, as well. It's also backed up via the cloud, but having a hard copy is a good thing, too, just in case. I use the SanDisk Memory Zone app for that.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I was actually unable to buy a USB cord. I had to buy c to c and a c charger.
Amazon has every combination of usb cable known. Type in what you want in the search, and you'll find cables from a few bucks each to 20 or 30 dollars each. Buy one or a pack of 10 and any amount inbetween.

Heck, I can go into any Walmart and pick up pretty much any kind of cable there as well. I've got half a dozen regular USB-A to USB-C cables I ordered from Amazon so I've got one in the car, one for my PC, one in the kitchen for charging and one in the bedroom for charging.

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What phone do you have? Do you not have a charging cable for it? Anker makes good charging cables if you need one.
I am looking for phones.
Current one has sd card and headphone jack.
Samsung Galaxy 10+
I have the cord.
I recently bought new and power block and charge cord were c to c from Samsung. They no longer sell usb.
I went to store to buy one, with ubs and store also has c to c cord and block.
You need whole package.. block and cord.

I can't rely on using it, for future phone.

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can transfer music from my cloud account to my phone, or I use ShareIt, an app available for your phone and laptop. I can also load music files from a dual thumb drive with USB-C and USB heads. You can also get a USB-C to standard USB adapter.

I keep a backup of my phone on the dual-headed drive, as well. It's also backed up via the cloud, but having a hard copy is a good thing, too, just in case. I use the SanDisk Memory Zone app for that.

OK, thanks.

I don't have cloud. Are they free?

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Amazon has every combination of usb cable known. Type in what you want in the search, and you'll find cables from a few bucks each to 20 or 30 dollars each. Buy one or a pack of 10 and any amount inbetween.

Heck, I can go into any Walmart and pick up pretty much any kind of cable there as well. I've got half a dozen regular USB-A to USB-C cables I ordered from Amazon so I've got one in the car, one for my PC, one in the kitchen for charging and one in the bedroom for charging.

Unfortunately, here in Ontario where I am ... the source, walmart, bestbuy, any place I went, did not carry ubs to c or ubs to a
I originally tried online bestbuy, ordered and they sent the wrong thing as they didn't have ubs.

I won't look at buying to use something that is hard to find.

It is changing my perspectives of upgrading phone.

I will end up downgrading to cheap phone to text and call.

Not paying thousands (Canada) for phones I can use my own music. I don't pay for Spotify.
It's great for kids but I have my music saved.. paid lots of money for it. lol

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Amazon, cable direct or memory express will work then.
Oh, and I'm 62, use Spotify and am definitely not a kid anymore.
I was not asking where I can buy ubs cords. I have a few. As much as they harder to find.
I don't use Spotify. I have had it. Don't enjoy it. I am a Radio, LP/CD gal. And that is perfectly OK

My all you can use data has limits. 10MB of limits lmao
Doesn't work on a road trip or at cottage with no WiFi (same with Spotify).
Cuz Canada is great for over pricing data.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I was not asking where I can buy ubs cords. I have a few. As much as they harder to find.
I don't use Spotify. I have had it. Don't enjoy it. I am a Radio, LP/CD gal. And that is perfectly OK

My all you can use data has limits. 10MB of limits lmao
Doesn't work on a road trip or at cottage with no WiFi (same with Spotify).
Cuz Canada is great for over pricing data.
Are you sure you don't mean 10 GB?

Reactions: mustang7757

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174