Android phones and going back to Iphone anyone.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I got to say going back a few years i fell for the old iPhone 5 as it had the square edges then i tried the 6s which i thought was great and was my last iphone as then did the hard switch onto Android which was the samsung galaxy s2 which was an amazing sharp screen and stopped on Android with the s20+5g and the oneplus 8pro.

Has anyone tried the switch back to Apple just to try or just cant get to grips with the Android system,got to say i do like the look of the iphone 12 Pro Max being gone back to the square edges but i have just got so use of Android.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
A lot of users here switch back and forth depending on their needs! And some of us have an iPhone and Android device that we wield at the same time! Great thread topic!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I use both at the same time.
Yes, I like those square edges, and they still look good all these years later, which suggests that it was a good timeless design.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I like the iPhone square edges but all these phones are slippery as hell... Haha

So many good choices in phones... I'm waiting on Iphone to get rid of the notch...

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking on trying one but will never sell my s20 plus 5g as it does me good but the OnePlus will go.
I have read the battery aint that good on the 12 pro max and as the 13 is out soon the price of the 12 will drop.
When i first came from android onto my s2 it was ages before i knew what i was doing but glad i did as there are so many good android phones out there so we all can have a good choice,apple is apple so from the mini the the pro max its still the same system.
I had my s2 for ages and kept going back to it,it was an amazing phone for its age.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
OK seeing you're the moderator which is your main one,i just like the iOS system seems so smooth.
I think the main thing here is apple is apple but android there are loads of choice.
You buy an apple device say 12 pro max your getting that apple product but you say get a samsung you can always change to another make still being an android phone which can be a good thing you have choice,you have the new 12 model.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK seeing you're the moderator which is your main one,i just like the iOS system seems so smooth.
I think the main thing here is apple is apple but android there are loads of choice.
You buy an apple device say 12 pro max your getting that apple product but you say get a samsung you can always change to another make still being an android phone which can be a good thing you have choice,you have the new 12 model.
My Note20U is for my business, Apple mainly family that have iPhone, like both for different reasons , I've owned every iphone since 2010 , but i owned almost every Note and S series since the S3 and Note 2 , i do have other Android devices besides Samsung like Google since the nexus days to now and One Plus since 6 and 7 series only . So i do enjoy both platforms.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

I dual carry and that’s been iPhone XR/ Pixel 3a most recently although I’ve just upgraded to a Pixel 5a couple weeks ago for testing out 5G coverage. Both have their +/- features. I used to feel iOS was too walled for me but that’s changed in the last 3-5 years once Microsoft really began stronger level of support and features. That said, Android has really become more solid in the last 3-5 years from an updates and consistency standpoint.

They’re both growing up into young productive almost grownups…..

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
i was looking into the iphone 11 pro max and keep my s20plus 5g as the 11 pro max price has dropped a lot,i have a OP pro 8 which is going soon as my friend said its louder talking on my s20 than my oneplus,read a lot of bad press about the problems and one being the signal and other the 5g which i cant get but can on s20plus even in the same place.
My first ever apple was the iphone 3g i can remember my first phone but not my first android,its was all Nokia then either the big brick thing but i fell for my N95 slide it had loads on it,i think i will one day try apple seeing how it has got better.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I switched from the pixel 4 XL to the iPhone 12 Pro. I had that for three or four months before I got tired of the notch and got bored with it and sold it and bought the S21 Ultra. I couldn't be happier with it. I just prefer Android over ios.

Maximus Harrison

Oct 7, 2021
Visit site
I have both actually because I need multiple carriers for my line of work. The software of ios seems somewhat superior IMO but the accessibility and ease of use for android are just superb. The curve of learning how to use an android is low and anyone can learn it. I love the "raw" android version of Pixels though, compared to most androids that just have a ton of bloatware.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've tried two iPhones over the last 5 years or so. Just because everyone in my family and most of my friends all use one. But I quickly get bored. No always on display, ugly notch, can't just pick your favorite ringtone. Not the biggest things, but enough to make me quickly want to switch back to android.

Last edited:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have Android and iOS. I prefer android, especially Pixels, for customisation and ease of use. I have an iPhone 8 Plus. It is a beast of a phone, which serves me well for its basic use, to run my Apple watch and keep in contact with about 3 or 4 people who are on iPhone.

I run the beta on both Pixel and iPhone and the beta on iOS is much more stable than A12 on the pixel. But overall I prefer android apps.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I also use both but always seem to come back to using Android the most. There are things I like better about iPhone such as the weather app, music and certain security features. Other than that Android just feels more comfortable.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
How could I ever stray away from my first love... As I pick up this Z Fold 3 and smile everytime I use it.. It just so knows me like the perfect GF....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali