Android Pie Update

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Got it on my S8 in US on Verizon, i didn't get a notification but i went into settings and checked for it and the update was there

Crude Berry

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Got it yesterday on my Verizon S8+. Looks like a totally different phone. No issues with battery or performance like I've read while waiting on it. Can't figure out how to get rid of the wifi calling "need to update location" notification and can't disable the bixby button now, but otherwise it's okay.

Marky Cardiff

Apr 5, 2019
Visit site
Yep got it on my S8+ about a month and half ago, it's pretty rubbish imho, very cartoonish and quite dated looking not as smooth or snappy but A WIPE and full reset might have sorted that perhaps. But the new interface is laughable with so much wasted space in Samsung apps with the stupid blank area for the top third of the screen. I have a large phone I dont expect the top half of the screen to become redundant. I had planned to upgrade to the S10+ when it came out but after using One UI definitely glad I didn't.

Dbirckett

Apr 5, 2019
Visit site
Currently installing Pie update on Sprint.

View attachment 301240

It's installed and it's like a just got a brand new phone for free. Faster then it's ever been, dam even Bixby is a joy to use now. So glad I held off buying the S10 Plus. Loving my S8 Plus again. WOW

Note 8 here and I'm loving the new update. Got everything in dark mode. Best release ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan K Chan

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Boo! I've got an unlocked Verizon S8 Plus and I just checked. No update. It still says the February 2019 patch is the latest available update. You all are making me jealous of all the Android Pie goodness. :-(

Biju Somarajan

Apr 6, 2019
Visit site
Currently installing Pie update on Sprint.

View attachment 301240

It's installed and it's like a just got a brand new phone for free. Faster then it's ever been, dam even Bixby is a joy to use now. So glad I held off buying the S10 Plus. Loving my S8 Plus again. WOW

After installation I lost my finder feature and great Samsung support guys ask me to back and restore. I am not seeing multiwindow options too.. not great to support this version. I beleive I have to switch my phone and say bye to Samsung gakaxy8

Last edited by a moderator:

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I also got the update. Unfortunately, I put a Galaxy theme on my phone and now can't use the new dark theme. I know how to delete it, so I tried. But, when it said delete... It deleted the word 'delete'! Now I have no way to get rid of it. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

Go into the theme store and bring up the themes you have downloaded and then select the default theme(the one that was on it out of the box) and then you'll be able to use night mode.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well Sprint started rolling it out last week and it borked a bunch of phones. LTE connectivity lost. No fix. The update has been pulled and no schedule for when it will be updated and released again. No way to roll back the broken phones either. Its a mess.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
After installation I lost my finder feature and great Samsung support guys ask me to back and restore. I am not seeing multiwindow options too.. not great to support this version. I beleive I have to switch my phone and say bye to Samsung gakaxy8

Multi/split screen support is still there. Just a different way to get to it. Plenty of articles on how to do it. Example:

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/get-oreos-simpler-split-screen-mode-back-android-pie-0187500/