Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

hahachiha

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Well someone in your contact lists has a birthday on 29.02 and since the date in 2013 doesn't exist, it crashes. No idea why it searches or wants to match it.
In the contacts the date looks like 01.03.

Anyway clear data storage will work only for few hours or at least for me it did. It came back 4 times, I am guessing when the date got synced.

So I just changed the birthday date of the person from 29.02 into 28.02 and no crash. Easier as the factory or clear storage etc
Tough break or no idea how you do it if your account is linked to facebook and it gets the bday from facebook, maybe unlink the contact? Or tell them to change their bday?

Omg feel like im truly livin in the moment ..haha..I got the same freakin issue on midnight 1Jan but i was so drunk at that time, then leave it until mornng. I tried to google n sort out any helps out there...at first few comments in this forum somebody mentioned about this and suggested to clear out contact data...i felt so blessed n quickly follow the steps without such noticing the fact that i will LOSE ALL CONTACTS after that...omg yah it really works that way, no pop ups anymore and of course not a single contact left...i was so frustrated n thought this was a trick someone in forum did to stupid people like me...Until today i patiently come back, read all through n notice this is due to date time lag of 29Feb...but cant remove like you just suggest, because i am that person with dob 29Feb...omg so funny feel like i am the root cause myself haha..
Anywayz, just update the software as somebody mentioned above..Hope it works then (indeed i cleared all my contact data already so dont know it works due to update or data clear out). will try on my sis phone tmr and let all know as she got same issue now on her htc one x plus.

Z28Chick

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Oh snap..why didn't I check here first?? I had the issues and reformatted.

Meh.

I was about to light my phone on fire. So it's a good thing I called up HTC and complained, they directed me here. I have an HTC EVO 4G LTE and so far no error and my phone stopped freezing up :) Pass along the word!

jimqb19

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Been following this thread since Jan 2. I am getting the annoying error message every few minutes, although my phone still works. It doesn't lock up.
I have not cleared contacts data storage, because it seems that it isn't a perm fix for some and don't want to risk screwing my contacts.
I don't want to try the time fool method to 2012 because I rely on clock/calendar on my phone.
I did have a facebook friend with 2/29 birthday. I defriended. Stopped syncing facebook and Google contacts.
I am still getting the error message. Do you all think there will be an update to the HTC EVO LTE like the one for the HTC one in the near future?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks.

Cameron Miller2

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I called HTC today, still no fix yet. The "turn calender to 2012 then back to 2013" worked a couple days for me error free. Unfortunately, I started receiving the error again today. The cause is a mixture of JellyBean and Facebook Febuary birthday as many know. The HTC person showed me how to disable the Facebook application from my phone.

This has worked for me so far
Steps:
1) Go to Google Play and uninstall all Facebook updates
2) Settings->Apps->All
3)Press on Facebook (not the HTC Sence one)
4)Press the "disable" button
5)Restart phone

I know this is just another "remedy" to help while they make the patch for our phones.

Z28Chick

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I don't understand why they have to provide a download link instead of pushing it out to our phones... Seems like a broken process to me.

Well they have been pushing them to some models but at least they provide this while the process is being completed :) Sucks, I know, but it's better than nothin!

edilee012

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well someone in your contact lists has a birthday on 29.02 and since the date in 2013 doesn't exist, it crashes. No idea why it searches or wants to match it.
In the contacts the date looks like 01.03.

Anyway clear data storage will work only for few hours or at least for me it did. It came back 4 times, I am guessing when the date got synced.

So I just changed the birthday date of the person from 29.02 into 28.02 and no crash. Easier as the factory or clear storage etc
Tough break or no idea how you do it if your account is linked to facebook and it gets the bday from facebook, maybe unlink the contact? Or tell them to change their bday?
As this person has said it happens if you have a contact with February 29th birthday. Change their b-day to 28th and that should resolve the issue and I believe I read you have to back up contacts, remove them, etc...but you don't want it to auto sync them before you change b-day.

victorvz

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
i did not have problems anymore after my contact changed the dat of birth to 28-2, and today i receved a update for my htc x one.
so problem should be revolved

i saw complaning aubout htc people on this forum, i think this forum goes about android.proces.acore . well and we htc people have all the same problem i think

jimmybuen

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I had multiple contacts with birthdays on Feb 29. I changed their birthday entries to Feb 28. Problem no longer persists. Once the bug is resolved, I'll change back their birthdays. Thanks for the tip, people. :)

brylee123

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
i have a connect ice cream sandwich 4.0 tablet and no matter what i do it keeps saying android process acore and iv cleaned out all chash and reset it and i looked up how to fix it all everyone is saying is go to applications. There is no application button on this type of tablet please help i don't know what to do. oh and i have factory reset many times like 3 or 4 times

Synamon DaGoddess

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Having the same as well as other problems with my EVO LTE 4G. Sucks and I'm ready to buy a totally new phone. I should have stuck with my Samsung!

- - - Updated - - -

That link does not work for me.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The error Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly is caused by a issue with contacts and syncing, go to settings/apps and clear the cache on all your social networking apps and contacts app and see if that helps, its worth a try