any complaints about the white case?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm fighting really hard to *not* go out and buy a white GS3 but the words "Be sensible you don't NEEEEEEED a new phone!" are just hanging around driving me nuts. So, IF I do this I really like the white case -- any complaints about it getting dirty fast or looking dirty from fingerprints or anything other negatives about white phone cases?

I know I can put a case over the phone but I'm asking anyway. It looks so good the way it is, LOL!

cfouke01

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
No complaints at all! I have had the phone since the 12th of July (white version). Still looks amazing with no smudges or scrapes (yes it's naked). I do however have a screen protector to stop it from scratching the screen in my pocket. It still looks as beautiful as it did day one! Hope this helps you make that decision to jump.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
No issues at all much...at work though I did find a little pink highligher Mark on it lol....but with a little eye glass cleaner that came right off.other than nothing.

It it wasn't so slippery it would still be naked.but I have a white extended tpu case on it now since I have an extended battery.

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow I just love the white phone, but I would never leave it naked since there are so many beautiful cases to show it off in. I found a place in China that you can get some really nice leather cases for less. I also have a bunch of tpu cases in an assorted of colors that protects the phone, got that off Amazon. Protect your beautiful white phone.

Sent from my White, Sexy S3.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
No complaints here as well with my white one. Have had it for just over a month and the white still looks brand new. I think I read somewhere they treated the plastic to ensure it won't discolor (turn yellowish) and I don't have any issues with dirt or finger prints on it. But... it's the back of the phone so I'm not usually staring at that side too often :p

Rev.

8er

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Light bleed is the issue with the white.

Light bleeds from the LED notification light. Red charging LED has a large pink halo. All other colors bleed equally.

Light bleeds from the LED menu and back capacitive buttons. Both buttons have sizable halos.

The above is not true of the blue S3.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Light bleeds from the LED notification light. Red charging LED has a large pink halo. All other colors bleed equally.

Light bleeds from the LED menu and back capacitive buttons. Both buttons have sizable halos.

Blue S3 WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! :D

Trilliumknits

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm I've had my (white) phone for a few weeks now, and I haven't noticed any of these issues.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

I see this when in the dark at night when charging my s3. It does not bother me tho.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
There is absolutely light bleed on the marble white no question. I do not care for it. That said it has absolutely no impact on the screen what so ever. I recommend going to the store to check it out in person. The light bleed was a negative for me but not the deciding factor. I really liked the blue once i saw it in person. Either way the s3 is a great device.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the "LED bleed" on white s3's only affects the capacative menu and back buttons (which anyone with any sense switches off once theyr familiar with the buttons) and the notification LED
as for it getting dirty, for some reason all of my phones get dirty at the back top right corner (left if ur lookin at it from the back) and ive no idea why... think thats the place i touch LEAST on the phone???
back on topic though, the white has such a gloss on it that it wont pick up stains or anything. i think the white is the lesser of two evils.. its easier to make it look nice with a case or whatever.. id love a gun-metal black version though ;)

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
@funkylogic - yeah I also prefer black versions. I am NOT a fan of blue, except for The Smurfs, so I went white on this one. It's funny cause I dress in all black head to toe so it's the one thing that doesn't match my outfit but I really love it :)

Rev.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Saw both colors side-by-side in the store. Didn't take me 2 seconds to know I was going white! I don't 2nd guess my choice one bit.

And I didn't "need" a new phone, either. ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol mate my sony Arc S was white (it was like ?100 cheaper than the black one) and it pissed me off lol but i got a black battery cover and it looked like a storm trooper from starwars :) im not a goth or anythin but black is probs my fav colour (color) especialy for gadgets :)

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
....wonder who will be 1st person on the forum with the new Garnet Red s3.... :)

Ya know, I think that is a kickass color and red is my favorite color. The only issue I have though is I think it would be a bit more distracting watching movies on it - I prefer a more neutral color bordering my screen like black/white/grey. But it's probably all trivial anyway... I mean you get used to it either way no? :)

Rev.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlantisx