Any EB13 Users get the OTA update to EC05? Post here!

robomav

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just as I said in post #58, EB13 folks arent getting it unless you either go to Sprint, or odin back to DI18

you do realize that not every person on eb13 are on these forums so there could be people who have gotten that we do not know about

heresy_fnord

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
As ticked off as I have been about a lack of information, Sprint has acknowledged that eb13 is now moving to ec05. They reported issues and said it's going to take several more days. There is a post about this on Android Central within the past day or so.

adelmundo

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Until I see one CONFIRMED report from an EB13 user that has gotten the update OTA, I still don't believe it has been sent to EB13 users yet. I have been waiting patiently on EB13 and still have not gotten the update. I am tempted now to ODIN back to DI18 to either force the update OTA or use the update.zip already available for download online to do it OTW. My phone has been backed up both by Titanium Back Up and a CWM Nandroid backup in just in case I want to do a clean wipe to DI18.

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm on EB13 (updated on the web in Feb. and wiped everything) and still don't have EC05. Meanwhile everything other phone in the world has been updated. Just disappointed in Sprint and Samsung. Wish they would get their act together. Either update the phone or don't, but don't do what you're doing now=promise and not deliver.

Reactions: carraser891

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm on EB13 since Feb 26th. Personally, I don't think EC05 will be pushed OTA to EB13 Epics. My EB13 Epic errors out when connecting to the network for PRL, Profile and Firmware updates. Since the network connection errors out, I think the EC05 OTA push will do the same thing. I got three different confirmations from Sprint saying EC05 is on it's way. Have not seen it yet.

I hope I'm wrong......

pzengota

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm on EB13 since Feb 26th. Personally, I don't think EC05 will be pushed OTA to EB13 Epics. My EB13 Epic errors out when connecting to the network for PRL, Profile and Firmware updates. Since the network connection errors out, I think the EC05 OTA push will do the same thing. I got three different confirmations from Sprint saying EC05 is on it's way. Have not seen it yet.

I hope I'm wrong......

I don't get any errors updating PRL or Profile. Is this the only thing you are basing that on?

dmv01

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm on EB13 got sprint notice 3-24-2011 upgrade coming still have not seen it. My epic also errors out when trying to do firmware, prl, profile updates. Bought phone 3-19-2011. Just have to wait and see.

smashclash

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm on EB13 got sprint notice 3-24-2011 upgrade coming still have not seen it. My epic also errors out when trying to do firmware, prl, profile updates. Bought phone 3-19-2011. Just have to wait and see.

did you buy your phone with EB13 already on it or did you upgrade to it? If you did upgrade to it what method did you use?

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I don't get any errors updating PRL or Profile. Is this the only thing you are basing that on?

Yup, I don't have any other data connection, or streaming issues. Only connection to network System Update issue. So I believe the issue is with the internal Froyo EB13 update.

My Froyo Evo does not experience the System Update problem.....

Reactions: Tahe

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
You can't force a software update with those menu options. You can only use it to install an update that got pushed to your phone and got a notification for, but hit "install later"...if you just hit update android without the push nothing will be downloaded

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
except that is false information
As ticked off as I have been about a lack of information, Sprint has acknowledged that eb13 is now moving to ec05. They reported issues and said it's going to take several more days. There is a post about this on Android Central within the past day or so.
That is false information, No one on erb13 has gotten ec15 ota, NO ONE.

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
here is some updated information from sprint's forums:

Re: 3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

~ Additional information for the FROYO 2.2 Update for the Samsung Epic ~

EB13 phones ARE receiving the update notification. Many posters have claimed there are ZERO reports of EB13 phones receiving the EC05 update or that EB13 phones will not receive the update; this is factually not true.
Please don't post FUD.
It is factually 100% correct that not one EB13 has gotten an OTA of EC05. I happen to know from Advanced Product (much higher than Advanced device) hat they are still workign on a package and cannot get an install working.

Please do not post bogus information from anonymous PUBLIC RELATIONS people at sprint who know nothing. No official at Sprint will tell you that ANY EB13 has successfully gotten EC05.

Reactions: Devtodi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov