Any email apps that allow me to create folders?

petrosil

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Am i missing something or is it impossible to create a custom folder? I've tried K-9, Aqua and a couple of others and I can't seem to find one that allows a custom folder.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
Lou

petrosil

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I finally found one! MailDroid...looks like it has some nice features, think I'll like it better than K-9! Using the free version right now-it has ads and the paid version is $17.99--think I'll suffer the ads for a little bit :) Give it a try if you're looking for the ability to create your own folders.

Lou

petrosil

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes Gmail is great for Gmail users but if your email address isn't 'knob@gmail.com' then MailDroid may be the program you're looking for.

Carren

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the free version of maildroid, but I can't for the life of me see how to create additional folders. How did you do this?

hi-tech34

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes Gmail is great for Gmail users but if your email address isn't 'knob@gmail.com' then MailDroid may be the program you're looking for.

Just creat a gmail account and have your original email address forwarded to it. I even send from my gmail but it sends from my original email account. It works great.

Smartigan

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
1. Gmail uses Labels not Folders.
2. Gmail will allow you to sync other accounts within Gmail. So John.Doe@someotheremail.com can be retrieved into your Gmail Inbox. Worked for me.
3. Gmail allows you to "Label" the incoming mail from the other account specially so you can jump to that Label and read only email from that account. Just like Outlook filters allow.
4. Gmail will allow you to "Send as" so when replying people still will see your other email address in the "From" field. Gmail will even use the other accounts servers if you wish.

I just tried this and I love it. Now I can get my Gmail and other accounts in one place on my desktop and phone. Hope it works for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord