Any other platforms you guys use regularly?

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
A Windows 10 PC, because nearly all my writing and publishing software is geared to that platform.
Otherwise, I use a Nexus 7 (2013) and an HTC 10.

sholling

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7 smartphone (and Gear S2 Classic 4G watch) but I'm old fashioned and prefer to do any serious work or surfing on a Windows PC. I do own a couple of tablets, but to me they're neither fish nor fowl and just a niche product. I find that a tablet that's small enough to carry around is not much more usable as a general purpose computer than my smartphone. On the other hand, a tablet large enough to get near the functionality of a laptop weighs almost as much as my Razer Blade Stealth Ultrabook - but without of the convenience of the Stealth's built in keyboard. As a result most of my writing and surfing gets done from my laptop - either with its builtin 12.5" 4k screen or docked with a Dell P2415 24" 4K monitor. The only thing that I like using a tablet for is as an ereader, either for books, e-magazines, or news agrigation sites, or to watch videos .

I've never enjoyed gaming with a smartphone and I've only found a couple of games that I enjoy on a tablet and those got old fast. My desktop PC is nothing special, just a 5th gen i5 running Windows 10 with the help of a GTX-960, 16GB of RAM, an SSD and three Dell 1080P monitors. It's no rocket but it plays all of the games that I want to play at full speed on the center 27" monitor).

I have more computers. My home server runs Windows 7, and my two HTPCs (an Intel NUC and a Gigabyte Brix) run Windows 10.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
phone - Samsung Note 5 - android
tablet - Samsung tab A 9.7 w/ spen - android
tablet "sort of" - Samsung Tab Pro S - windows 10
gaming - Xbox One - windows "sort of"
gaming - wii u - Nintendo

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Phone - HTC M8 and iPhone 5s
Tablet - iPad Mini 2 and Nexus 7
Laptop - Linux Mint
Desktop - Windows 10

I also have a Lumia 550 knocking about, bought it to see what W10 mobile is like. It doesn't get turned on much.

richhoops

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I use:

Android for my phone and tablet (Nexus 6P and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8").
I do have an iPhone as a reference device as I have to provide support at work to all sorts of devices but that mostly sits in my bag, turned off.
Windows desktops in my home and work offices both running Windows 10.
Macbook Air for a real laptop but that lives at home as my Wife uses that more than me.
Finally I have a Remix Tablet that I use for work meetings, note taking that sort of thing.

Richard Spafford

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the Nexus 6P and iPhone 6s Plus and use them about equal time. The first is on Project Fi and ther 2nd on Metro PCS. I have both Apple Pro tablets and the new Mini 4, which doesn't get enough praise for how good it is. I have Windows 10 on a cheap tablet, a prepaid phone, and a very nice Microsoft Signature version of HP's Spectre X360. I also have Google Pixel C and their Chromebook Pixel. Finally, I have a 2.5 year old iMac 27" and a 2015 Macbook Pro, pretty juiced up. I also have various other tablets and older phablets I use now and then, except the Nexus 6 which I use every day, but only as a tablet/reader. I don't spend any money on much besides tech:) I'll be slimming down this year, though, because I've reached "peak tech."

sunlifexxx

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 6s for work and Personal. Ipad mini 2 for work, Samsung Note 10.1 2014 for pleasure. Surface Pro 4 for work. Imac at home . Everyone else has moto X 2014 in the house.

BBUniq01

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Laptop is an Asus with Windows 10. Previously owned a Powerboat G14

Current device is Priv by BlackBerry. Backup phones are Classic and Leap by BlackBerry
Tablet is a Lenovo

Posted via Priv

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Nexus 6P as my primary phone.
Lumia 730 as secondary phone.
A custom built desktop running Windows 10 Pro + Ubuntu 16.04
Macbook Air
Surface Pro 4

FULLM3T8L

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I recently switched from using iOS to Android. What actually spurred my decision was ChromeOS. I had the original Samsung Chromebook and then the Toshiba Chromebook 2 (2014). After realizing how great Google products were I went all in. I now am using the Toshiba Chromebook 2 (2015) and a Nexus6P. I also recently purchased the Martian Notifier Smartwatch, great value at 30.99. So those are my 3 devices, simple yet efficient. Especially when you look at the value, all 3 devices together equal roughly 800 with tax. And ChromeOS and Android work great together, especially with Pushbullet.

anon(9410778)

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Until recently i kept a Lumia Icon around to dabble on that side of the house.
I use a Win7 PC for work and a Win7 Laptop for school (MCSE student)
Win10 PC for basically any task not related to specific work or school projects.
I replaced my Roku, Xbox One, and RPi2 running OSMC with a Shield TV.
I also have a firestick that hangs around somewhere too.

I consider a chromebook as well but cant find the need it will fill just yet.

Last edited:

FULLM3T8L

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Until recently i kept a Lumia Icon around to dabble on that side of the house.
I use a Win7 PC for work and a Win7 Laptop for school (MSCE student)
Win10 PC for basically any task not related to specific work or school projects.
I replaced my Roku, Xbox One, and RPi2 running OSMC with a Shield TV.
I also have a firestick that hangs around somewhere too.

I consider a chromebook as well but cant find the need it will fill just yet.
I'm sure after most Chromebooks get the PlayStore you might be ditching those Windows devices ;)

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 as my primary smartphone.

My Note 4 as my primary tablet.

My Note 4 as my primary computer.

I have an iPad 2 that I never use.
I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 11 laptop that I use occasionally.

Note 4 is what I use for nearly everything.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GM44