Anyone else decided in advance NOT getting the Note 8?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: The Note 8 might be a relative sales disappointment

I get what you are saying but I think no matter what the note 8 is going to sell out and sell better than s8 and s8+. Who knows maybe sell more than they did with the note7. Just my opinion tho. Lol. Have to wait and see.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

And funny thing to me is some of the ones stating they won't buy the note 8 due to the note7 issues (not referring to anyone here) will be first in line to preorder lol. Not all cause yeah Samsung has lot some people but anyways. Lol

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

The Notes have never outsold the S series in total numbers. The Note has always been more of a niche phone. No way Note 8 will outsell the S8. For reference Samsung sold about 55 million S7s.... I’m not even sure if the S8 will pass S7 numbers. At $1000 for the Note 8; not sure if it will outsell then one 7.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/253585/samsung-galaxy-note-sales-since-launch-by-version/

I get what you are saying but I think no matter what the note 8 is going to sell out and sell better than s8 and s8+. Who knows maybe sell more than they did with the note7. Just my opinion tho. Lol. Have to wait and see.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

The Notes have never outsold the S series in total numbers. The Note has always been more of a niche phone. No way Note 8 will outsell the S8. For reference Samsung sold about 55 million S7s.... I’m not even sure if the S8 will pass S7 numbers. At $1000 for the Note 8; not sure if it will outsell then one 7.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/253585/samsung-galaxy-note-sales-since-launch-by-version/

The only s series phone I have had is the s6 edge plus. Anyways. Don't know how the s7 was and don't know how the s8 or s8+ is. Bit is the s7 better than the s8 or do you know? I'm just curious why the s8 wouldn't sell more than the s7. Sorry never played with them. I'm more of a note fan.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

I agree. Stereo speakers and 16/9 ratio would have been great. If you want to build it for professionals make it flat too. It would have really allowed consumers to tell Samsung what direction we'd like their phones to go. Samsung would rather tell US what we should want.

Well it is not like we as consumers are very vocal to Samsung about what we want. Samsung knows best and we just accept it.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: The Latest Render at the Galaxy Note 8 paints an ugly Picture!

I actually find the design looks nicer than the back of S8, though no one will like bumps

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Dun think Note will outsell S series.

Note 7 sales forecast for its entire life was only 19 millions previously, quite little IMO.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

If it is as rumored 18.5/9 ratio all sealed up with round edges and glass back I hope it is a disastrous flop. Only hope to get 16/9 back.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

The S7 series was considered a great phone and sold well in it's own rights... arguably a top 1-2-3 phone of the year. But IMO... you had an unexciting year with the iPhone 7/7+ and also had the Note 7 explosion issue which probably both helped with S7 sales. This year, you had a good start to S8 sales but you're already seeing discounts and BOGO offers on the phone... and you have iPhone 8 coming up which I think you can see hype level being raised closer we get that will dampen S8 sales. Also you have a lot of solid Android competitors last year and this year and will only take more share. Just my opinion on how I think final sales numbers will play out and does depend on the iPhone 8 delivering on what we currently hear/see.

I'm just curious why the s8 wouldn't sell more than the s7. Sorry never played with them. I'm more of a note fan.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I don't know why but even though the G6 is technically a smaller screen, I like the way the 18/9 ratio looks on the phone over the S8 and ok handling that phone in hand over the S8+. It's slight but the screen height and width falls in between the S8 and S8+ in size and it just works better for me visually. Maybe the flat glass and the non-curved edges make a difference. :confused:

If it is as rumored 18.5/9 ratio all sealed up with round edges and glass back I hope it is a disastrous flop. Only hope to get 16/9 back.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I don't know why but even though the G6 is technically a smaller screen, I like the way the 18/9 ratio looks on the phone over the S8 and ok handling that phone in hand over the S8+. It's slight but the screen height and width falls in between the S8 and S8+ in size and it just works better for me visually. Maybe the flat glass and the non-curved edges make a difference. :confused:
I watch a lot of tv sports and Netflix. Everything I watch is 16/9. I prefer more width to more length. It also works better for Excel which I also use frequently. My V20 is perfect size for those things. So was my Note 3. The flat screen is way better than curved edges but I still prefer 16/9 just like my tv at home and my computer screen.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Why would the Note 8 have a bump when the S8/S8+ don't? It doesn't make sense for them to deviate from that unnecessarily.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Why would the Note 8 have a bump when the S8/S8+ don't? It doesn't make sense for them to deviate from that unnecessarily.
Possibly, optical zoom feature. It had better be at least 4x with that bump.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

I actually find the design looks nicer than the back of S8, though no one will like bumps

Agreed, I actually quite like it :) I'm sure the final design and official renders will look a little better. They always do. Let's wait and see what we get.

If there is a fair bump, it will be quite long so the phone shouldn't rock easily when placed on a table. 😃

Rich654

Jun 29, 2017
Visit site

It's not that bad... in fact I quite like it... However, I never, ever believe any renders. Time will soon tell.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Well it is not like we as consumers are very vocal to Samsung about what we want. Samsung knows best and we just accept it.

...more like they just don't listen - give yourself a little more credit! We've been ******** and suggesting for almost eight months already and where did it get us???? Like Grunt0300 has said, if 5% of Samsung consumers would just STOP BUYING because they don't like what they're doing, THEY WOULD LISTEN! But that will never happen... you'll never get that many people to organize like that!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

If the N8 had stereo speakers, 16:9, and flat display (or less curve), I would probably get one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753